Newbie here what do you all use to create beats ?

Beaubeats

Beau Beats
Battle Points: 3
Newbie here what do you all use to create beats ?
Samplers, Software etc ?
I use FL studio and an MPK mini to make most of my beats nowadays. I have an absurd amount of stuff I have purchased that just sits around unused. Minimal equipment helps me keep it simple so I can focus on the sounds. I spend most of my time when making a beat just adjusting each drum sound to fit the melodies I write.
I start with melody always (drums are pretty easy so it's just my order of things). I play a simple pattern on the keys with generic sounds then use Omnisphere mainly, ElektraX a lot and occasionally Nexus for my main melody sounds. Between those three plugins I can create pretty much any sound I hear in my head.
Sometimes I just record a voice memo of a melody then transpose it in FL studio to get it as midi, then change the sounds to whatever I want it to be.
I turn my melodies into wav audio files to commit to them (I always save the midi layout first).
Once I have good melody I usually effect it or chop it up until it is rhythmic and makes my head start moving.
Then I pick each drum sound one by one and adjust the key its in if it is to dissonant. I like a clean project layout so then I delete everything I wont be using.
Then I make my drum patterns.
After that I send everything to a mixer channel of its own, do a little gain staging then bus it to a common drum channel to get ready for automation.
I do the same thing for my melody, counters and effects.
Then I pretend to know how to mix well until my ears are happy ( still pretty rookie at mixing and mastering)
Then I work on the arrangement until I feel like the layout is good.
after that I do some light automation if needed. Not always necessary though. Im trying real hard to keep things simple and not overcomplicate the song.
I bounce to mp3 and listen on my phone speaker, my earbuds, my car stereo and make the necessary adjustments until I am happy with the mix.
If my levels are good I bounce the whole song to WAV then bring it into a new project to save CPU and then I use maximus plugin in FL Studio to do a little compression and make the track louder.
Then I have a beat.

members online