Newbie here. What's up, ya'll??

.wstrn.iz

Hey all! This is the very first beat making community I've joined and I'm already loving it just by scoping out the craft you guys are cooking. I downloaded FL Studio a little while back and have been (trying) to craft stuff with little to no knowledge on production in general. I'm heavily drawn to hip-hop and alternative music (punk, metal, grind, noise, etc) so I try to display as much as my influences as I can in what I do. And I love discussing music and listening to artists I've never heard of so I'm always open to talking music and discovering. There's a lot I have heard and a lot I unfortunately haven't. (i'm somewhat of a cave man to certain artists) If you care enough to read this and have some craft, please do not hesitate to share! :)

The junk that I've put together is here https://soundcloud.com/melvfs

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
@.wstrn.iz welcome and don't hide the fact that you're a cave man to certain artists as music moves too fast in the current era for one to indulge in all of it, start by listening to artists/genres you are familiar with but have only heard their hits on radio.

.wstrn.iz

@.wstrn.iz welcome and don't hide the fact that you're a cave man to certain artists as music moves too fast in the current era for one to indulge in all of it, start by listening to artists/genres you are familiar with but have only heard their hits on radio.

I actually don't listen to the radio at all l: (see, im a total cave man LOL) I discover artists from other folks and Youtube whenever I have time to browse. I've actually started listening to some Erykah Badu, SZA and Death Grips (im still uncertain about DG but im slowly liking it)