BenjyJ

I have been into music for years and especially trap/rap/hip hop all of that kind of department in music, I literally drive to and from work everyday, listening to instrumentals and beats by the likes of Cosmic, Dilip, NOAXES, Lukrative etc etc because I love that shit.

For so long I was intrigued on how music was "produced" but I never got into it - even though people in my friends group did and even studied it during school and university, I still went down another path and studied computer games development at university...

I am now 22 years old and have been dipping in and out of music production for probably just over half a year now - I always said to myself theres no way I could ever take it seriously - this is just a hobbie.

Well up until today thats what I believed, but now - I really do want to try and get more into this stuff and thats why I have decided to sign up to this forum, connect with some people who have the same interest as me, hopefully make some friends, learn, and even help others too.

I have just recently put my first beat out on my newly made soundcloud - https://soundcloud.com/ben-jackson-401259266 - and I get that it will definately not be the best beat you ever heard (far from it) but I thought it was just about good enough to finally be the first thing I upload somewhere.

I want to connect with people I want to learn I want to really try and focus hard on this shit and master the craft. Follow me I'll follow you - lets help eachother.

Right now I am full time software developer and I dont want to be doing this shit forever. Reach out guys - talk to me - follow me on soundcloud I'll do the same for you

Also, my insta here too https://www.instagram.com/b__jackson97/

Any comments in any regard will be massively appreciated.

Last edited:

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @BenjyJ and where are you at in life regarding software dev? Keep music in your life always while balancing the 9-to-5 grind. You're young enough to ditch your job if you don't feel it but what will be your safety net is what you should ask at that age albeit you do have at your current age freedom to fail but don't follow your dreams, passions, etc. blindly as you'll pay for it financially, physically, spiritually, emotionally in the future.

Last edited:

BenjyJ

First and foremost thank you for the response and for the welcoming (OGbama - love the name) right now I can't lie I am at a good place with my career and software dev in general, I have a decent job and its good money, good experience, good people etc etc. But, at the same time, it's not what I'm passionate about, what I'm passionate about is music and beat making. But I completely understand where you're coming from, we can't have everything we want in life. And that's why I will stay in the 9-5 grind but keep music in my life, you're completely right and frankly you're speaking very wise words and I truly appreciate it bro. But at the same time we gotta try because that's all we can do and if we really try, we can do whatever we truly desire, send me your beats bro I'd be excited to hear them and support you as much as possible - and to anyone else who takes the time to read this

members online