Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Go here for all the info on the battles:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/index.php

Voting will begin Sunday, November 16th at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating! I'll be looking out for people trying to signup under different names or getting other people to signup and vote for them.

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat.

Once the beats have been posted, go here to listen to them and see the entire bracket:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

You can also discuss the Cleverwon vs. Peripheral battle in here.

ill o.g.
Cleverwon, i like how hard your beat was.

Peripheral, i love your strings, but your beat wouldve been better if you would have put your own drums in instead of a drumloop.

Nice beats though.

P

petediddy

Re: Dam Clever....

Originally posted by StressWon
Clever that ish is mad ill!!!!!! I never heard that sampled before!!!!

Peripheral- Hot man,,,This is a tough one!

uhhhh... that cleverone tracked sample the SUPREMES for cryin' out loud... you have heard the Supremes bro! The beat works for what it is... it's catchy and will stay trapped in my head for weeks... :headbang:

Peripheral, bro those violin and piano track gets the gasz face... :crying:

it's all love though when it comes to critiquin'...:D

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Nah petediddy, Stress meant that he never heard it sampled in a beat before. Everybody knows Diana man!!!

P

petediddy

Originally posted by StressWon
yeah man,,,my wife is a huge diana ross fan!!!!!!!!!!

my fault bro! i think we all love Diana's crazy azz!

nas2000xl

The Ripper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
cleverwon: like the concept on this beat. nice track

peripheral: dope beat, like the bass line. needed just a little something in it.

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Peace All,

My vote is for Cleverwon:

Peripheral you gave Cleverwon no competition with that track, c'mon man bring THAT HOT SHIT!!! Much props to both cats, but Cleverwon took this round, in my opinion.

Cleverwon had a hot sample (good diggin), rough and rugged drums (the kind I like), and a good mix, which made him far more superior in this round. Hot shit yo, keep up the good work!

Peripheral had some good quality samples, violin, bass guitar, and drumloop, but your mix was the primary weak spot, which probably caused a lot of people to become disinterested (bored). Mix your instruments up better, your chorus or hook didn't create any excitement either, so my tip for you is work on improving your mixes!

Louie Lou

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
cleverwon - even tho that track sounded like it wuz mixed with a dj mixer (track and diana fade in's) it wuz better than peripheral's.

Peripheral - that violin was kind of nerve racking.. alittle mo change ups need on that track.

P

peripheral

Yo, thanks for the feedback...I'm going back to the lab ....watch for the comeback!
Cleverwon: Nice joint...I even found myself humming the hook.

"Explore Ideas Beyond the Periphery"

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
It's was mixed in Cakelwalk Sonar, Lou but thanks for the vote. Good battle peripheral... looking foward to your next entry. Holla 1!

C

Copenhagen

Alright peeps, thanks to both contestants in this battle of round 1 and to the people who voted.
Get ready for round 2!

(thread closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.