November 24-28, 2004 - USA ROUND 1: FrictionBeats vs. Jclay

• beat this! (may 1-2) signup begins in...

Who has the better beat?

• FrictionBeats

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Jclay

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Go here for all the info on the battles:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/index.php

Voting will begin Wednesday, November 24th at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating! I'll be looking out for people trying to signup under different names or getting other people to signup and vote for them.

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat.

Once the beats have been posted, go here to listen to them and see the entire bracket:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

You can also discuss the FrictionBeats vs. Jclay battle in here.
This thread will be open when the battle starts.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Okay, Friction got mines. That was a very ill track, and I'm guessin you composed some of what I heard yaself??? Hot.

JClay man, I was expectin ya to come harder then that. The track was kind of cluttered, but He-Man was a good idea. That was a smart saMPLE TO PICK FOR A BATTLE...AGH, FUCKIN CAP LOCK!!

....okay thats better.

Good job yall

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Reviews

FrictionBeats
The keys you used sound cheesy, but you did a good job of keeping them blended in with everything else, so it doesn't sound so bad. Nice breakdown at around 1:20!

Jclay
Nice track, why He-Man? LOL. It seems a little screwed up when you stuttered the "He-Man" parts. I like the entire music in this but I think you should have only brought in the "He-Man" once in a while.

VAKSEEN

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
dam jclay. u took me back with that he man ish. i used to love that $hit lol. i dont think the stutter took well. the beats aight. probably wouldve been better without all the he mans throughout.

this joint was cool FrictionBeats. def a lot of variation going. def cool how it kept flippin up. some of the sounds were ehhh but everything seemed to work well

gotta go with friction

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
friction - i felt it sounded a bit casio tbh, though once it got going the composition woz quite good ! the drums seemed a bit average and lifeless ! this seems like 4 beats to be honest the first of which seemed a bit cheesy the rest of which seem pretty dope if a bit repetitive !
jclay - LMAO you sampled the fuckin he-man theme tune ! yo he-man used to be my hero when i woz young so you scored points there lol i woz feeling the vocal tho tbh it woz overused and cheesy to start with though i cant start laughing at the thought of dipset rapping to this beat ! You can see it now LMAFAO ! but back on topic though it woz a good concept im not sure it worked and it got a bit repetitive !
i gotta go with mr 4 beats lol aka friction ! good work !

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Whoa Friction, that shit is nice. On some video game shit. I likes it.

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
jclay- yea, too much heman. a little less use of the "heman" would have given your beat a lot better sound. and you gotta work on that stutter a little more. it sounds off. the beat was good, but the heman ruins it for me.

friction, at the start of the song, the sounds are just kinda mediocre. the melody is good. but the sounds you used just weren't that high quality. but i agree with fade on this. even at 1:00 when you start tossing in some better soundin ish i really start likin it. everythin after 1:00 really sounds good to me.

chewbux

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yea i have to agree with some other folk, real nice melodies with the beat friction, but the sounds just come off real cheesy to me. with some better quality sounds this good be a real hot beat.

the he-man track wasnt really workin for me, a bit stale and repetative. its a cool idea but i think more could be done with it.

ima have to go with friction on this one...

MR_P

!
ill o.g.
Friction, I agree with the guys man, after 1:00 this beat kills it! Real nice man, changes were evil! Liked all of them, didnt need the intro beat but the rest was dope! Great work man!

Jclay, Is that He- Man, thats hilarous!!! Fucking great! Liked it man, made me smile!

Going with Friction on this one but good luck guys, It was a tricky one to choose!

Peace

P

A

ACEBEATZ

Friction : Pros : Nice mix of beats here, especially liked the before last one. Sound punchy and clear.

Cons: First beat sounds kinda thin though being still good, and last one is a mess for ears (ouch got to put the level down a bit).

JClay : Pros : Nice choice of sample.

Cons : Beat kinda out of time, sample a little untime with the drums. Kinda harsh for ears.

Verdict : My choice here is definitely Friction for originality and overall dopeness...

My choice is - FRICTION - ...

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
yo j that shit could be a classic.... i can see it beeing a dipset track in a hot minute.. but that sample definately needed some work.. you should fix that shit up and give it to cam

i gotta say ... it kinda seemed like cheating to have four beat snippets put together for an entry.. haha.. like yo if you dont like that one how bout this one... haha... i did like all four though

Frictionbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 51
Thanks all

Thanks Everyone for the Positive & constructive feedback. Im feelin everybodys tracks, just some better than others. I agree with you gram...but thats my first battle beat theme. Same key, same tempo. But If I advance I do plan on bringin a beat for each round. Its just strategy right now. Battle tactics..LOL!

yo Jclay..I like He-man.....that was my shit back in the dayz. Good work Homie.

Peace Out!

-Fric

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I almost gave it to CLay just for trying to flip a Heman sample. That was funny. But he synth arrangement and bassline on Friction's beat was sick.

Nice change ups. That was like 4 beats in one. That was a good idea.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
FrictionBeats ; The Sid synth sound jumps out the track too much, it also doesn't really blend in with the rest. Composition of the track is oke, the change ups through out the track are great, in fact the track getz better to the end. I guess the outro is a bit corny.

Jclay ; He-man, you're the definitly the "ROcky" contender in this battle. A bit repetitive but the use of that sample in particular makes it great and funny simultaniously.

Status
Not open for further replies.