Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Go here for all the info on the battles:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/index.php

Voting will begin Wednesday, November 24th at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating! I'll be looking out for people trying to signup under different names or getting other people to signup and vote for them.

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat.

Once the beats have been posted, go here to listen to them and see the entire bracket:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

You can also discuss the WorldCityCEO vs. Vakseen battle in here.
This thread will be open when the battle starts.

VAKSEEN

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
good luck cuz. i thought the transitions were cool but i think the drums couldve been better. better drums would do wonders for this

SyN

SUICYCO MANIA
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Vakseen... i picked you pretty much on your sample selection... i am not too sure about how you broke it up for the hook... kind of left things hangin a bit... was expecting it to be something bigger and more powerfull... but you did get recognition from my girl on this one... she came right out of the other room when she heard the sample... was like "who is this one?" and then "oh, that was a letdown on that change" but good work yo

VAKSEEN

ill o.g.
glad u enjoyed the listen. thanks for voting. far as the chorus....it comes in around 45 sec mark then goes to the verse, then hits the chorus again (diff breakdown) , then another verse and then fades out on a chorus. i think u may have been thinking it was in reverse. its just a snippet of the full beat tho. thanks for the feedback

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
vakseen your beat is pretty kewl, i like the drums you got th snare rolls fit the beat really well ! and good use of sum mad samples !
world city - the sample sounds good but it sounds a bit weak like it need fattening up with sum EQ and the drums sound the same, got the potential to be a really good beat but just needs the sounds beefed up imo !
this is a real tough one becasue i liked both beats im going to give this one to worldcityceo because there woz sumthing about his samples gave the beat and really good feeling and im gonna give give you the benefit of the doubt that 64kps didnt do your any favours !

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Reviews

WorldCityCEO
Even though a few parts seemed sort of out of key (might be just me!), your beat is very well done. The only thing I have a problem with is the flute. Out of tune with the rest of the music.

Vakseen
I like the way you flipped the sample, although those horns getting annoying very quickly! Maybe you should have lowered them and EQ'd them a bit so that they lay in the background. I'd like to hear the track like that. Good job though.

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hey guys, thanks for the feedback so far. sucks I gotta go to work now. I wanted to be here for the big portion of the feedback and reviews along with vakseen. Vakseen, you killed that track man! really can't say much now. I'll be back on tonight

hoLla

ill o.g.
WorldCity-
-That horn sounded real fake. Nice strings. Piano is dope. It feels like a lot of shit is goin on but its uncluttered, i can hear every instrument well. Flute is dope. Altogether, this was put together real nice. A lot of switchin up helps a lot, you either had a lot of different sequences or you took a long as time workin on the switch ups.

Vakseen-
-THis aint really my kind of sample. I like the switch up after the first part looped a couple times. You switched up the pattern a little. I didnt like the drums you had on this too.

WorlCity gets my vote.

I aint denyin vakseens skills, i just wasnt feelin the sound selection.

chewbux

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
world--- nice beat, well constructed and nice change ups. it doesnt strike me as a complete banger, but none the less a very strong quality beat.

vak--- also a well constructed beat. i dont like the sample that much, but you use it well. feels like it could use more of a bass line to me, instead of the heavy bass strings. solid beat tho.

this is gonna be a close one, good luck to both...

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
If I was going off of production I would have voted for Vakseen. You had a lot more going on in your beat. More change ups and variations. But if I had to pick between which beat I would listen to on my way to work I would have to go with World. I know World's is very basic compared to Vak's but that World sh*t is mor my flavor.

You guys made it hard to pick though. Good work guys.

A

ACEBEATZ

World City Ceo : Pros : Great track, good choice of samples and good accompaniment.

Cons : Bassline kinda bizzarre from time to time, trumpets sound thin and cheaps.

Vakseen : Pros : Head bangin track, showtime ripper.

Cons : Sample kinda harsh for ears after a while and sample pitch kinda go wrong sometimes. Probably vynil problem.

Verdict: Was hard to choose but Vakseen got it cuz the track is an instant banger.

My choice is - VAKSEEN - ...

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
This one is hard....I really like the changes in W.Citys....theres alot of nice variation in there.

Vakseen.....First off, welcome to illmuzik!.....Im a sucker for dope samples and that one was flipped really well, i jus kinda got bored after the first couple of phrases repeated one too many times, but that shit was definitely hot man.

Good job to both constestants....this one was a close round.

STEEZ

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
WorldCityCEO ; Great composition, good atmosphere in the track. Drum programming a bit corny but it works. Sometimes the samples are out of tune with the rest.

Vakseen ; I feel like trashing the livingroom. This calls for a battle or a possytrack. Great samples, definitely my style.

Status
Not open for further replies.