November 24-28, 2004 - WORLD ROUND 1: Chedda vs. Don Vito

• beat this! (may 1-2) signup begins in...

Who has the better beat?

• Chedda

Votes: 19 95.0%
  • Don Vito

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Go here for all the info on the battles:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/index.php

Voting will begin Wednesday, November 24th at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating! I'll be looking out for people trying to signup under different names or getting other people to signup and vote for them.

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat.

Once the beats have been posted, go here to listen to them and see the entire bracket:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

You can also discuss the Chedda vs. Don Vito battle in here.
This thread will be open when the battle starts.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Reviews

Chedda
This one was tough for me to vote. I like how you have 4 parts, but it seems like drums and bass are meant only for the 1st part. Well done though!

Don Vito
I hate Bush. But you did a very good job on this track, although I would have enjoyed a nice breakdown in the middle somewhere. That would have put this over the top.

Chedda

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
thanks fam!

don vito you came hard with this, im really diggin your joint. good luck with the results dude.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
This was tough. But I'm going with chedda.

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
damn chedda! fuckin slick my man. i am lovin this. hmm, i like the change ups a little less than your initial beat.

don, i kinda like this beat. i can't really complain about anything. other than you not mixing it up enough.

ill o.g.
Chedda-
-The horns kicked in, i was goin: Aww. This is cool. But when the drums drop, its perfect. I could not get drums to fit any more perfect on there if i tried. The bell typoe shit that kicks in later is dope. I could say you put some work into this. Much propz.
Damn, this piano and sax combo is ill. Def dope beat.

DonVito-
-Nice beat, i got an mc who could rip this beat. I just think you got put up against the wrong person.

DonVito, nice.
Chedda, Dope.

Chedda gets my vote.

chewbux

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
chedda, real nice beat, def can see this one bein a banger! nice work all around...

vito, nice feel to this one. on the more serious tip. i feel like this beat could have gone somewhere more intense, a breakdown and then build back up or something, good work tho

gotta go with chedda on this one.. nic work

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
chedda... generally sampled beats dont quite prgress like this, but damn good job with it.

don vito- a solid beat, it just feels like a good interlude, but it feels a bit out of place.

overall i say chedda did a better job... gets my vote.

A

ACEBEATZ

Chedda : Pros : The track is hot and punchy, great choice of sample. Good bassline.

Cons : Almost not in time, just a little time problem with samples, but not big enough to create problems.

Don Vito : Pros : Good idea,but...

Cons : Beat sound thin and a bad choice of sound...

Verdict : Definitely goes to chedda..

My choice is - CHEDDA - ...

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Chedda ; Nice collage of samples, you show diversity. I didn't like all the different compositions and the drums become a bit repetitive towards half the track the end.

Don Vito ; This beat is naked, instruments dont blend in, the composition is boring. Nobody likes Bush, that's a good thing but an obvious pick on the other hand making it less original.

D

don vito

thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm obviously brand new to producing and I threw this track together in one night off the top of my head so I didn't expect to really go too far in the battle. I was in it for the feedback mostly. congratulations to chedda. whoever that one vote for me was thanks. haha. be on the lookout for the next beat this is all i can say. Formant024, please explain to me in more detail how my "instruments don't blend." I seen you posted that for like 4 beats on this thread. Are you saying that shit on the serious tip or are you just trying to sound like you know what your talking about. peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.