November 24-28, 2004 - WORLD ROUND 1: Producer Gyal vs. Guevara

• beat this! (may 1-2) signup begins in...

Who has the better beat?

• Producer Gyal

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • Guevara

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Go here for all the info on the battles:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/index.php

Voting will begin Wednesday, November 24th at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating! I'll be looking out for people trying to signup under different names or getting other people to signup and vote for them.

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat.

Once the beats have been posted, go here to listen to them and see the entire bracket:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

You can also discuss the Producer Gyal vs. Guevara battle in here.
This thread will be open when the battle starts.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
I remeber when PGyal was all nervouse about goin up against City(and who shouldnt be?) but I gotta go with P.Gyal!!! I was surprised since ya didnt sound confident homegirl!

City,,,I never heard anything bad from ya man. This was no exception either. Dope work, nice samplin.

This was one of the TOUGHEST battle here. I've been debatin on this one since 8:15lol

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
man this is two big dogs in the first round lol, p gyal i dunno why you were nervous you always got sume good beats and this is no exception ! both beats i really good, i know the sample that guevera used and i can't think wot it is right now but it will come but its definately good work on that sample !
i'll have to think about this one too !
right ive had a think and ive gott give it pgyal ! i woz suprised hearing this stuff from you but its a really good track !

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Reviews

Producer Gyal
Whoa! What did I tell you? This beat is off the charts, we're all so used to hearing smooth stuff from you, this one proves that you can do other stuff too. Good use of all the instruments, and that bassline is killer.

Guevara
LOL nice intro! Where's that from? I love that sample, the original is dope. Great job on this track, my only complaint is that the guitar does get tiring after a while. But overall it's dope!

VAKSEEN

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
ohh my lawd. yo that beat is sick gyal. only thing i didnt really like was that flute (i believe). nice layering. dope dope $hit.

def a tight joint guevara. feeling those stinky guitars. wow. ima assume thats u playing. tight work

this was def one of the harder ones but i gotta go with producer gyal cause her joint really moved my neck. not saying guevara's didnt but it was more a beat u gotta marinate on

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
dayummmm, both of the tracks is so dope! here.
producergyal dope beat!
guevara dope!

guevara's beat was da more hard hitting head noddin one, reminding everyone this is a BATTLE!, whilst producer gyal had a better mixing of all those lush sounds

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Guevara got my vote on this one. Some fight starting shit.

ill o.g.
Gyal-
-This shit is bananas! It switches up crazy. It feels like one beat then you switch this up and drop this in and its a whole different track. You came through on this one.

Guevara-
-I usually am on your side. I know you got better beats then this.

This is hard im gonna hafto come back to this later.

MR_P

!
ill o.g.
PGayl, really feeling your beat! Good work, liked the violins and everything else! Kept me guessing the whole time!

Guevara, heavy. Really good intro, liked the crazy guitars and the outro too!

Gonna have to think about this one right here..

Good Luck to both of you!

Peace

P

chewbux

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
pgayl-- nice work, really impressive blending of samples, nice job.

Guevara--- haha nice nice, sum41 sample. real dope work i like the way you flipped it. makes me realize anything can be sampled.

gotta go with guevara just for the samples sake, both very nice beats, good work!

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
MOP, should buy this track ASAP from guevara...

P Gyal? WEESST SIIEEEDDE!!!!

good lawd... i got to give this to p gyal cause the progressions really stood out to me... and that flute.... wow. good work.

A

ACEBEATZ

Gyal : Pros: Good choice of sound, track is clear and punchy.

Cons: No real problem here.

Guevara : Pros : Original track!! Good use of heavy metal samples!!!

Cons: No real problem here. Except bass is almost unhearable.

Verdict : Gyal got me on that one.

My choice goes to - GYAL - ...

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
thank you so much everybody for you words. yes, i was insecure about my choice of beat... Seriously, im suprised about how it is turning down. Guevara's beat is really powerfull for a batlle. Respect to him too. im a fan of him and i wont get tired about saying it. Anyways, it is only a game, and my internet connection broke yesterday NIGHT!!! im at school now, so i dont know if i'll be able to watch this battle... good luck to everyone.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
ProducerGyal ; Drums could be louder, give it some compression and give the drum programming some more detail. Composition wise I think it's great sometimes a bit messy in transitions, but the instruments don't really blend in.

Guevera ; Nice frigin Intro, guitars are dope too but they could sound more as lead,more dynamics and louder. Now they sound like they're out the stereo spectrum.

SuPa'PrOduZa

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Interesting...

I enjoyed Guevara's intro alot [that ta'man eese ME..lol]. The Track was good. Alittle too linear for my taste. But all in all, good. Make some more changes throughout the song and REtouch the 'mix' and get the drums to even out wit da string sample..and you got yourself a rocka..

Gyal? Is this a female producer? I'd hope so wit dat name...[newbie, pls excuse me] anyhoo, it was Lush, and very west coast. I almost heard Xzibit grunting in the background...I give it up to shawty in da'Canadian corner ::ding ding::

;-) "Call me"... LOL J/K

Status
Not open for further replies.