November 24-28, 2004 - WORLD ROUND 2: Chedda vs. Mr.P

• beat this! (may 1-2) signup begins in...

Who has the better beat?

• Chedda

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • Mr.P

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Go here for all the info on the battles:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/index.php

Voting will begin Thursday, November 25th at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating! I'll be looking out for people trying to signup under different names or getting other people to signup and vote for them.

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat.

Once the beats have been posted, go here to listen to them and see the entire bracket:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

You can also discuss the Chedda vs. Mr.P battle in here.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
cheda, this is nice- and i admire your courage to enter the same track throughout. clev lost some votes for that alone last year, as i recall.

mr p, a solid track that could be brought to life by a charismatic mc (mos def, i say), however it is just that- the type of track that depends on the mc to flesh it out. chedda's beat stands on its own and would sound great with an mc, but it doesnt need one. that make sense? chedda gets my vote.

Chedda

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
thanks truth, but i decided against using one beat throughout, i was intending to, but when i heard the beat lined up against everyone elses i knew it wasnt good enough to go all the way. if i get thru tonight, im changing. cause im pretty sure i would lose votes in the same way clev did. thanks anyway.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Dam,...This beats mad versitile Chedda......I can hear all the way from Brotha Ali, to a Wu member takin this track to higher plains......

Syn.....this beats dam near the threshhold of Cheddas but not quite.....Shits close as hell though....Large Pro would eat this track up along with Nas.

STEEZ

SuPa'PrOduZa

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeh..the first thing I said when I clicked on Chedda's track was...'booooo!' just for using the same beat.

Mr.P's beat is 'nice.' I'm classically trained so pitch is a thing for me. I know you were at the mercy of your 'samples.' The horns were played in a different Mode. In short, they clash musically with the other samples. I think omitting the horns flaring in a Major scale would of been better and maybe using something else around the music. You could even try to 'play' something around it.

I like the live feel of Chedda's drums. But I do NOT like the changes in the music. It starts out 'hardddd'..and then...becomes cute and very CD 101.9FM [Jazz station]. I felt like I was at a hip hop club, stompin to the track ready to crash someone over the head wit this bottle of Mo'when all of the sudden...the DJ hit the tuner button unknowingly while gettin head in the boothe. ::shake:: whoa...not a good thing for a DJ in Ny. [eeeek]

BUT, between these 2...I'll go wit Chedda. You're safe for now bud... ;-)

Congratulations.

MR_P

!
ill o.g.
SuPa'PrOduZa said:
Yeh..the first thing I said when I clicked on Chedda's track was...'booooo!' just for using the same beat.

Mr.P's beat is 'nice.' I'm classically trained so pitch is a thing for me. I know you were at the mercy of your 'samples.' The horns were played in a different Mode. In short, they clash musically with the other samples. I think omitting the horns flaring in a Major scale would of been better and maybe using something else around the music. You could even try to 'play' something around it.

I like the live feel of Chedda's drums. But I do NOT like the changes in the music. It starts out 'hardddd'..and then...becomes cute and very CD 101.9FM [Jazz station]. I felt like I was at a hip hop club, stompin to the track ready to crash someone over the head wit this bottle of Mo'when all of the sudden...the DJ hit the tuner button unknowingly while gettin head in the boothe. ::shake:: whoa...not a good thing for a DJ in Ny. [eeeek]

BUT, between these 2...I'll go wit Chedda. You're safe for now bud... ;-)

Congratulations.

Thanks for the feedback bro! Im gonna give playing somthing where the horns are a try and see how it turns out!

Peace.

P

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
Chedda - i heard those horns at the start i woz like right same beat and then right cheddas got it LOL serious i fuckin love this beat !

Mr P - thought id better give your beat a listen lol, yea this is a pretty good track if a bit monotonous it could work as a track but like cold said would need a lot of energy from th MC !

Chedda you got this one !

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Chedda got my vote.

MR_P

!
ill o.g.
MarkN said:
Chedda - i heard those horns at the start i woz like right same beat and then right cheddas got it LOL serious i fuckin love this beat !

Mr P - thought id better give your beat a listen lol, yea this is a pretty good track if a bit monotonous it could work as a track but like cold said would need a lot of energy from th MC !

Chedda you got this one !

Thanks Mark LOL!!!! Yeah Chedda Killed it really, well done bro, good luck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.