November 24-28, 2004 - WORLD ROUND 2: ProducerGyal vs. Architect

• beat this! (may 1-2) signup begins in...

Who has the better beat?

• ProducerGyal

Votes: 20 90.9%
  • Architect

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Go here for all the info on the battles:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/index.php

Voting will begin Thursday, November 25th at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating! I'll be looking out for people trying to signup under different names or getting other people to signup and vote for them.

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat.

Once the beats have been posted, go here to listen to them and see the entire bracket:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

You can also discuss the ProducerGyal vs. Architect battle in here.

Chedda

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
producer gyal, this is beautiful, i dont know where the hell you get all your samples from but every one of them is dope as fuck. architect your beat was good, but producer gyal is the almighty one, aint no one seem to be fuckin wit her right now. good luck to both.

SuPa'PrOduZa

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Ok Ok...Lords of the court...I declare Gyal Queen of the F*ckin Universe. The fact that I can picture this young lady bangin away on this beat, long nails a grin and some highlights in her hair is reason enough to just give it to her!

MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT homeboy came wit something beautiful as well...'I AM THE ARCHITECT' from the Matrix was killa. His beats did Hit harder, but her sound was more full. She took me to Asia for real wit that one..shiiiet...I'm all SAki'd Up. [ALLL U'Kinn!]

I can't really say anything negative about either. But I can be constructive wit my criticism. Gyal, your sounds are big and fill up the frequency spectrum..but you need to get those drums to smack a niga'face. Make them louder perhaps by compressing them.

Architect, I loved your low end information. Even @ 64kbps it comes thru. The mix is exceptional. I just think that for a 'battle'...it's Hyper for a second but alittle too laid back overall.

Both beats are banga. Hmmm...this is tough, BUT...I'll go wit the beatmaker wit highlights, Gyal.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
sorry architect... this is gyals all the way.

gyal, i wouuuld like to hear a bit more of the snare, however. this is an awesome beat. i remember the do or die remix you did with this.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
PG.....Ive been tellin these cats for days here at Ill, DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THIS (GIRL!)......Your breaking beariers down PG, keep doin yer thing!.......Wonderful use of samples, and the rhythm section is great.

Architect......THis is very movie-esque.....Pretty dramatic, easily could see it in a film....I really like the slow/late snare...that added a ton of flvor right there.....

STEEZ

Tha1AndOnlyDJT

DJ Will Kill
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
Archit, as for production. you got this one. i love tha drums and sounds. but it just too slow. ProducerGyal. Im always a fan of your work but i wasnt feelin the drums, but when i heard the change up. Cot Damn, i knew who i had to pick. Good work.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
p Gyal - when i heard the sample i loved it but then the drums came in a i thought errrr wtf ? the melodies as usual are off the hook from you, but the drums i thought really didn't suit the track wot so ever ! The change ups in the melody are trying to persuade me to vote for you lol but i really don't like those drums which is a shame as you drums are normally on point !
Artichect - this is quite a good beat but i don't think its the sort thing that wins battles as a full track with an mc it would probably be dope but it doesnt work so well on its own its a bit slow and thoughtful !

Im gonna have to give it too gyal even thought i really didnt like those drums !

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
thanks everyone... i know the issue about the drums. I was a bit lazy and busy to arrange that.. Anyways, my dear conscience helped me for that round. Im happy because my inspiration and motivator came back to me. :) Ill be back next year with hot beat. watch me...

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
After I heard Gyals track this morning before I left to go out of town I knew this one would be tough, I did have a faster Hyped up track but I figure I would try and drop something with the dope drums and mixdown. Both tracks were dope but her sound hit a little bit louder and fuller in the upper range and the melody just moved you, it moved me. But... I'll def be back again with some bangers you aint heard nothing yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.