Off Limits

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
what are some beats that have been recycled so much that they need to be locked away for several decades... me...i think that "I got 5 on it" beat.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
damnu motherfuckers are mind readers, either that or u listen to the radio too, man its everything nowadays...and more than a few songs on Ashanti's newest album, maybe its the murder inc connection, cuz ja just stole "africa" from Nas but "New World" was a better song anyway.

C

Copenhagen

Yeah, Club Nouveau's - "Why You Treat Me So Bad" used in "I Got 5 On It" and tons of other songs is definitely a song that needs to be retired and Bob James' - "Take Me To The Mardi Gras" as joeburnem said.

Also, J-Lo has ruined Enoch Light Orchestra's - "Hi-Jack", originally sampled by Beatnuts - "Watch Out Now". Well, actually...something like her last 4-5 hits are using samples originally used in a Hip-Hop song...songs that did well I might add.

Mtume's - "Juicy Fruit", used in Biggie's Juicy to name one, Average White Band's - "Person To Person" used by Big Daddy Kane, Puff Daddy, EPMD, Brand Nubian etc are also some songs in need of retiredment.

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

The most sampled thing of all time: Funky Drummer by James Brown.

Nick

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
true.

Originally posted by vitaminman
Hey,

The most sampled thing of all time: Funky Drummer by James Brown.

Nick

that and possible "Impeach the President" also... they've both been sampled a lot.

members online