Producers mixing business with pleasure?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Can you do that? Is it possible to have fun making your beats and maintain a business about it? I saw Dre define the words "Record Business" as 2 different entities on the hip hop documentary "Rhyme and Reason". I agreed with his perspective on the difference between the 2 but after thinking about some of the things that a FEW of you cats write on here, I wonder. SOME of you guys argue about the dumbest ish I've ever seen. We all know the difference between positive criticism and a stupid attack on another person just because "you're not feeling his/their style" or "your setup is better than his"or whatever. The easy way out would be to respond with "who gives a f*$^ what you think" but thats not what this is about. This is about helping others and getting help. If we all knew everything about the industry we probally wouldn't have much time to be here. All I'm saying is GROW UP! Have fun with your music and be professional about it. Give positive criticism and be mature. It doesn't matter if you're the hottest producers best friend in the world. It doesn't matter if you have a $500 studio or a $5 million studio.It doesn't matter if you're 10 yrs old or 80 yrs old. BE PROFESSIONAL and HAVE FUN. Is that possible?

holla back--dac

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
mucka, you got mad skills. I'm waiting to see your name on the back of a best sellin CD anyday now.

changalang. you're good peeps too, no doubt. I've never seen you respond in an idiotic way. I feel your style and I've heard some nice beats from you and your camp. Keep up the good work!

As a matter of fact, million, phil, mucka, chang, Truth and several others are making some SICK @$$ ish in my opinion.

It just appears to me that some people simply don't get it. It doesn't piss me off when ppl are negative, I just wonder if the negative ones enjoy making beats and if so, don't they think that the ones they attack enjoy making theirs too. SMMFH???

holla,--dac

N

new2thegame

A fifth of liqour, or some green......and making beats

sounds fun 2 me!

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Dacalion---We need more people like you here because with your attitude towards things it makes one more voice of reason around to stop all the bullshit.....people do need to grow upChangalang takes it just as it is and goes in the lab and try to make something better.....Everyone should see things that way just because someone doesn't like your shit doesn't mean it's the end of the world or it's a personal attack on you....No matter what anyone thinks no one has the hottest shit and it seems that a lot of people are thinking their shit is the hottest(Not directed to anyone so please don't respond to that)and get mad when someone tells them that it needs work or someone doesn't like it.....Just like Dacalion said grow up open your ears and mind and things will be just fine!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
WELL SAID! inrctyhoodmusic {another camp full of sick flavor}.

Check this out...I've heard alot of beats and I tell it like it is. Approaching a subject with an open mind is ALWAYS the best. That goes with anything that you encounter in life too. I'm not saying not to have your own opinion, just keep an open mind on whatever you decide to voice it on. My camp...{ Audio Factor One } is mainly a re-mix lab. I decided to dip into a little production work and I could use all the help I can get and you cats are doing it. I just don't want to see my peeps get discouraged and disapear.

holla,--dac

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
um...... is tehre another Truth on this site? i'm the only one, as far as i know...............

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
my bad Truth, I was sure that I heard one of your beats in the showcase forum, maybe it was bigmakintrax in anycase the beat was PHAT and that was point I was trying to make when I said you cats are making some sick @$$ ish {meaning good...lol}.

--dac

StraDivaRius

So determined....
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 94
Dacalion i feel what you are sayin about the negative and stupid setup comments.....no matter what your is worth is how you u use it you know!

but i gotta say that this site has the best forums so far...i been to a lot of places and people are a lot worst ...they sign in just to bitch people you know.....

Here i feel that people are here to progress and learn...most people here are serious about this music business and lots of talent in this place....

LETS KEEP IT CLEAN and KEEP DIGGIN

Remember the difference between a pro and amateur is not the million dollar studio its consistancy to produce banger

Holla
Stra

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
StraDivaRius, you are one of the others that I was talking about when I said it was some HOT producers on this site. Oh and congrads on winning the Beat This Comp. My hat goes off to you. Your beat was mad sick. Keep up the good work and everything you said is true. This site { ILLMUZIK } is the best one that I've visited also. I think Fade and the other moderators are keeping the ish in check very professionally.

Peace,--dac

changalang

i make beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 39
Originally posted by dacalion

changalang. you're good peeps too, no doubt. I've never seen you respond in an idiotic way. I feel your style and I've heard some nice beats from you and your camp. Keep up the good work!

As a matter of fact, million, phil, mucka, chang, Truth and several others are making some SICK @$$ ish in my opinion.

holla,--dac

im only 1 person but if u mean my crew then thanks for the props :D

Originally posted by P_1
changalang - u still here?

yea im back check my shit at the showcase

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
ay im feelin the one beat a day thing. that's wut ive been doin ever since ive been on vacation down here in fl. and sine i have nuthin else to do, and i just discovered soundfonts, and messin around wi fruity loops and...and...and...lol either way im feelin the one bea a day

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
True.

I recieve nothing but the truth from everyone on this site... and return they're getting nothing but the truth back from me....If i dont feel it... I'll tell you that... but that doesnt mean it's not phat... it just mean me, myself, and I aint feeling it... and it could be 99:1 and I'm the 1... so everyone keep doing your thang....

post, feedback, and improve...

ONE LOVE.

members online