Promoting yourself (when is the right time)

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Whats the best way to gain promotion on the internet?

I mean I'm starting a website with a free server..the only downside is that some people say it redirects them to a "surfer" site ( see for yourself http://dskillz.cjb.net (only should be a header and a box)

Then i was tryna to a mp3.com account..but they are rigged..they wont give u help unless youi pay for a package..so meanwhile that page will never be approved or UP.

Im using soundclick but at most i get 4,000 song plays a month..and probally from my MMJB looping..lol

Maybe there's some other sites...imma try IUMA.com next..since Dmusic will never let me upload a song :-/

I try forums..this one is nice. No e-beef with no one. Everyone seems to be good people, and make nice beats. Only problem I have here is that the user base is small..so you run into the same people most times..

When i was on RM..THERES ALOT OF PEOPLE..but due to some friction with the "popular" e-crowd..lol..many of my posts are ignored :-/

At hiphopcrib.com I dont EVER get a reply...and they dont even kno me..maybe theres some golden rule there im breaking..and its user base is small also.

I wanna buy a BILLBOARD..lol..but im cheap.

I dunno can anyone think of methods or ideas to get more hits and a bigger fan base...

I think imma start by finishing my site..and making more music.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
"I think imma start by finishing my site..and making more music."

That's the only place to start if you ask me. You don't wanna promote yourself if you have no content worth showing. That's the problem I am having now. I have a site up but nothing worth hearing or looking at. I am wrapping it up and posting everything up at the end of this month.

As far as getting a bigger fan base, the only advice I have is something I heard Jay Z say in an interview. "You don't have to promote good music. People are looking for it and when they get it they can't wait to pass it off to someone else." You put together some tight beats and have a nice to for people to get back to, it will grow by itself. Some of the best stuff out there is all by word of mouth.

I am in the middle of the same problem. I host through Apollo Hosting and they are pretty good. 20 bucks a month and then have all the best tools to help you set up your site. For the basic 20 a month you can even sell up to 10 products. Mine should be up by the first of next month. I'll can let you know how it grows...if it does....

M

M.Rell

i dunno but the way i been doin it throughout highschool was burning cds and passing them out/ letting people hear your music by playing it wherever and wenever. never walk out your house w/o a cd of ur music.

members online