Propellerhead Recycle

S

Syncerebeatz

Does anyone use it? If so, how is it? Is it worth the buy?

One!

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
oh its definately worth it. when for example i record a guitar riff and i played some parts off tempo, i just load it in recycle and correct the errors in reason. its also extremely good for choppin samples up.

SpinDoctor

The Lovable Rogue
ill o.g.
Yeah I use it aswell, usually when i get a break of of a record i jus cut it up in recycle and rearrange it in reason, its alot easier than cutting eack kick and snare out of it and saving them as different files, it saves alot of time, well worth it.

S

Syncerebeatz

Thanks, but what about time-streching? Do you guys problems when you change the bpm? And which one are you using 2.0 or 2.1?

thanks in advance for the help.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Yo, i live by that prgm!...Recycle is tha heart of where all my samples get processed through so that i can later have more possiblities arrangement-wise...Im currently still using 2.0, im not sure what had been updated in 2.1 but it works great for me still. As far as time-stretching, recycle wont accomplish that for u unfortunatly...I wish it did. and tha i usually dont fuck with tha bpm too much ever cuz i like to manipulate that shit later in tha track with tha original sounding sample.

STEEZ

S

Syncerebeatz

Cool thatnks for the input. I'll be getting 2.0.

DueceMade Ent. said:
Yo, i live by that prgm!...Recycle is tha heart of where all my samples get processed through so that i can later have more possiblities arrangement-wise...Im currently still using 2.0, im not sure what had been updated in 2.1 but it works great for me still. As far as time-stretching, recycle wont accomplish that for u unfortunatly...I wish it did. and tha i usually dont fuck with tha bpm too much ever cuz i like to manipulate that shit later in tha track with tha original sounding sample.

STEEZ

LMNO

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
It's very useful. You can save as a REX file and use it in Reason. Or you can export each chop into individual waves and a midi file too. I used to use just Adobe Audition to chop. It got extremely tedious after a while with the copy, paste, and saving.

SpinDoctor

The Lovable Rogue
ill o.g.
Im running 2.1 but i havent used 2.0 so i cant really compare but 2.1 is very good.

sammy beats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
If you are using reason and you like to sample, recycle is a must. It just makes this so much easier and more convenient. You just load some audio into the program, chop it up, and then save as a rex file. You should definitely get it.

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Nnxt said:
I use it Sometimes But i mainly use Nnxt for all the chopping.. its a good app though

How do you chop in the Nnxt? Its waaaaaay easier and better to use recycle for that. Save as a rex file and open in the nnxt and every thing is assigned to keys already. I would think it be real tedious time consu,ing and pointless to " chop" in the Nnxt whichthe only way I figure you can is loading the sample multiple times and then altering the start and end points for each 1 in the Nnxt ..... If im wrong please let me know.

And if you have a cool trick for doing this please let us know. Im seriously tryna learn something new about Reason every day ...

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
DJFANTOM said:
How do you chop in the Nnxt? Its waaaaaay easier and better to use recycle for that. Save as a rex file and open in the nnxt and every thing is assigned to keys already. I would think it be real tedious time consu,ing and pointless to " chop" in the Nnxt whichthe only way I figure you can is loading the sample multiple times and then altering the start and end points for each 1 in the Nnxt ..... If im wrong please let me know.

And if you have a cool trick for doing this please let us know. Im seriously tryna learn something new about Reason every day ...

Easier in Recycle? nah i personally dont think it is for what i do or how i produce.. i dont loop Sample i Phrase Sample.. i started with hardware so im use to Hearing where my Sample is in track.. I'll break it down for you

I got all i records Recorded on a HDD.. Now lets say the song i wanna Sample is 2:00
I want a Flute that runs through the track all i gotta do is load it in Nnxt move my Start and end its a Math thing its all upstairs i can hear it i know if its 20% of the song 50% 75% or whatever granted i might be off a few Digits...

Now if i were to do this with Recycle it would take longer... i would have open Recycle.. type in my bars Move my Sens or draw them in Myself Save as Rex.. then i'd go to nnxt load Sample and i'd have to Fish through a Few chops to find the one or Ones i was after so i gotta audition them to see which is which then load them.. Or lets say i already know the timeframe and dont wanna load 2 minute clip into my recycle/.. Then i gotta Open up a Sound editor clip it.. save as wav . then open in recycle.. then load into the Nnxt...

See where im going with this? i dont like doing extra shit when i dont have too.. i know my math i can break it all down with a Snap in my head .. your a Dj you should know what i mean...

Now lets Say u do use Recycle and u laod them into Nnxt (the chops) u working on a track then u got u know what that vocal would sound ill on this hook.. so know u gotta go back to recycle adjust Resave as Diff file name then go back load option find the chop reenter...

All i'd have to do is load the song again reason remembers the last file loaded into nnxt so i load the 2min sound again .. and i know vocal is somewhere in the middle of the track.. just move em test and im done... on with the track for me

I mean dont get me wrong Recycle is good but i'd only use it to Rob user Feels from Drums loops thats it.. i has the ablity to change tempo i dont need that.. because i build around the sample...

All in all, Nnxt to chop is just faster for me less steps.. but if u dont have a Ear and cant do math fast upstairs then recycle might be ur answer

LMNO

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I only use Recycle for chopping drum loops or chopping up loops that clearly have the peaks. The automatic chopping definately saves me time on that. If I want a single chop out of a sample, then I wouldn't go through the trouble of loading up in Recycle. I'll just use NNXT's begin and end points.

With NNXT's chopping, If your sample clicks a lot, hold shift while you spin the knob. It'll be even more precise.

J

Jay George

I think recycle is best for grabbing some good drum kits from drum loops. I've found it gets tricky for any other musical samples though.

LMNO

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I think the fade in and fade out is based on velocity values, 1-127. You can adjust velocity on the sequencer.