Recording Novice

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
If you are an MC and you record how and when did you get started? I'm solely a Rap lyricist, but have no one to produce for me as I'm in a city that has no scene (keep in mind I'm Black and female, so much of what I know about relationships regarding music is the "quid pro quo" scenario that plays out in popular culture via "Love & Hip Hop" which I don't see me getting into consciously and/or unconsciously as I have morals) and I refuse to buy beats online as I feel it's questionable. I want to learn how to produce (but with no goal of selling beats) but have no formal musical chops (down the line I plan to get piano lessons in a not too distant future but I'm about learning one thing at a time) so what should I do?

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I'm @crog85 late 30s and native of the city in my profile. For recording I don't have an ideal space in my home as I don't live alone but I'll try to make it work. For making beats I own a Yamaha P-105 digital piano, an MPC2KXL (but can't bring it inside my home due to family politics), a MacBook Pro 15' w/Retina, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 2nd Gen interface and ATH-M50X headphones.

Last edited: