Recording Problem - Help please

RedRayn

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Here's the situation:

The programs I use to record are Cool Edit, and N Track.

My sound card seems to be running fine. I use a Santa Cruz: Turtle Beach sound card. It is full duplex.

But for some reason, N Track won't record, neither will Cool Edit. Well.... they won't record in Multitrack view. Cool Edit has a single wave form and I can record in that. My Sound Recorder program from my start menu records. But I don't understand why nothing is coming through in Multitrack. It acts like it's recording, then when I hit stop, nothing comes up. It remains blank and acts as if nothing was recorded. I tried to see if a file, such as "New Song" was any of my folders, but there was none. So I don't get it.... One of my friends said i would have to change certain settings on my sound card to get it to work..... But i don't understand a thing about the sound card interface, and what controls what.... If anybody can help me, it would be GREATLY (emphasis) appreciated.

AIM: Raynshutemdown

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
sup Rayn,

Well since you can record in single view, then I guess it's not your PC's mixer. Does N-track have an option like "enable simultaneous recording"? That's all I can think of.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
You might have to change your computers recording device. Go into multimedia setup in the control panel, and set the recording device so that the check mark is on LINE IN. that might be the problem..

L

LarryBones

I had this problem too... all I did was record in the single .wav form view then I made the loop right then sent it in to the multi-track. This sucks for vocals, but I'm not sure how to fix that. I just stopped using Cool Edit for multitracking... I find ACID much easier and more versatile to use for mutlitrack mixing.

RedRayn

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Originally posted by LarryBones
I had this problem too... all I did was record in the single .wav form view then I made the loop right then sent it in to the multi-track. This sucks for vocals, but I'm not sure how to fix that. I just stopped using Cool Edit for multitracking... I find ACID much easier and more versatile to use for mutlitrack mixing.

I tried hat too but my voice came out really distorted, it ws terrible, lol

members online