Referred here by @OGBama - What's up?!

c10110

Hello everyone! This forum is pretty neat. Total throwback for me. I'm 29, and I feel like I haven't seen a forum like this in awhile. Everything is just socials socials socials these days. Very cool to see such a long standing community active.

I'm a former E3 presenting game dev turned singer-songwriter, and am a current full time producer. I am not here to sell anything. I am not active on socials and much prefer using them to just talk and trade experience and knowledge. I posted a, uhh, well, I suppose critical perspective of a well known YouTuber in the music marketing space in a reddit thread.

OGBama suggested this community may be more receptive to my mindset. However I am paraphrasing. Not sure how active I will be. My experience is in pop, folk, and edm. I actually think rap/hip hop is one of the most difficult genres to produce well* in.

I can hide a lot of things in the mix of a big commercial pop track. Rap...not so much. Whatever is present has to be on point. I have a lot of respect for the craft. Hope everyone is doing well!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Welcome!

Sup Hello GIF by The Detour

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @c10110 and what’s your YT and musical backstory?

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Welcome to the ill!

Be a shame if you're not around much, but we welcome you to be. So you're not a hip-hop producer at all?

Could be good, (imho), to get some Hip-Hop pop crossover thing going on. Use the knowledge of Pop songwriting to inform successful beatmaking/hiphop records