Remember the game ...

Mou

Hey there guys,

Do you still remember the first time you opened up your DAW to make your first "HipHop Beat"?
I do and I still remember how confusing and disenchanted I was trying to get "something" done. :help:

Last week I felt sick and had some freetime so I decided to launch a website that tries to help beginners to get along and to archieve faster results in their beat producing.

This is where you guys could really help me out! What do you think wants a newbie to know when he/she starts making music? Any ideas what topics should be taken care of? I would really appreciate your input! I though about a "Where to get inspired" section, what do you think?

A first draft of the page can be found here: https://musicproductionsinfo.com/

Thank you for your time in advance!

This is where you guys could really help me out! What do you think wants a newbie to know when he/she starts making music? Any ideas what topics should be taken care of? I would really appreciate your input! I though about a "Where to get inspired" section, what do you think?

Jeez... That's a very very very broad topic and in my opinion it all depends on what kind of newbie we are talking about.

I don't consider myself a good teacher but maybe I will be able to give you some pieces of advice.

When it comes to the "kinds of newbies" I'll try to make it clearer a little bit. When I started making beats it wasn't that hard for me as I was able to put sounds together in a nice way because before I started making beats I had been playing the guitar for quite a long time and I had knowledge about the music theory. I also had a quick episode with music school so basically, I was able to turn my ideas into a real thing. The biggest issue for me was to get it sound nice. It's still something I learn as mixing and mastering are the hardest parts of music production in my opinion.

But if we talk about some real real newbies I mean people who really have never had any contact with music and they want to start doing it I think we should start from the absolute basics.

- How to create a rhythm pattern? It can be the whole series of articles. Here you would have to do it on the very easy example like kick-snare-kick-snare etc. When they will start getting it a little bit you can start playing with some variations.
- Understanding the 4/4 meter. I know it sounds stupid but for us it's obvious and for "normal" people it's not.
- Basics of the music theory. I know that it is not needed when it comes to making music but will definitely help. And here you will have a lot of topics to cover.
- Sampling also from the basics. How to identify good samples, how to chop samples etc. Also a lot material to cover.

This is such a big topic that you would have to think of the whole program on how to turn someone into a music producer and I wish I could help you with creating one but it has to be thought through. I hope that my little piece of advice will be helpful to you.

And as far as "Where to get inspired" section is concerned, it is a really good idea.