Sample Mix...

C

Carpe Diem

http://www.shtikman.com/music/questlove-sample_lesson_mix.mp3

Tracklisting...

1. Arc Choir - "Jesus Walks" (Mapleshade) (Kanye West - "Jesus Walks" (Roc-A-Fella))
2. Nu Birth - "You're What I'm All About" (?) (Biggie Smalls - "Player Anthem (X-Ray))
3. The Whatnaughts - "I'll Erase Away Your Pain" (Priority) (Kanye West - "Late" (Roc-A-Fella))
4. Main Ingredient - "Let Me Prove My Love To You" (RCA) (Alicia Keys - "You Don't Know My Name" (J Records))
5. Silvia Striplin - "You Can't Turn Me Away" (Charly) (Junior M.A.F.I.A. - "Get Money" (X-Ray))
6. The Temptations - "I Don't Know What It Is, But It Sure Is Funky" (Motown) (Common - "The Corner" (Geffen))
7. Honey Cone - "Innocent Till Proven Guilty" (Fantasy) (Common - "Testify" (Geffen))
8. DJ Rogers - "Faithful To The End" (RCA) (Common - "Faithful" (Geffen))
9. Luchi DeJesus - "Round About Midnight" (?) (KRS ONE - "A Friend" (Jive))
10. Dynasty - "Adventures In The World Of Music" (Solar/Sequal) (Camp-Lo - "Luchini" (Profile))
11. Willie Mitchell - "Grovin'" (Hi) (GZA - "Liquid Swords" (Geffen))
12. Wendy Renay – "After The Laughter Come Tears" (Stax/Altanta) (Wu Tang Clan - "Tearz" (Loud))
13. The Charmels - "I'll Never Grow Old" (Stax/Altanta) (Wu Tang Clan - "Cream" (RCA))
14. Dione Warwick - "You're Gonna Need Me" (Invictions) (Usher - "Throwback" (Arista))
15. Billy Cobham - "Heather" (Wounded Bird) (Souls of Mischief - "93 Till Infinity" (Jive))
16. Beherd Wright - "Halboglabotribin'" (BMG) (Snoop Dogg - "Gz & Hustlaz" (Death Row))
17. Jack Bruce - "Born 2 Be Blue" (Atco) (Smith N Wesssun - "Buck Town" (?))
18. Aretha Franklin - "Call Me" (Rhino/Atlanta) (Slum Village - "Selfish" (Capitol))
19. Quincy Jones - "Summer In The City" (A&M) (Pharcyde - "Passin Me By" (Delicious Vinyl))
20. Joe Simons - "Before The Nite's Over" (?) (Outkast - "So Fresh & So Clean" (Arista))
21. Peabo Bryson - "Born 2 Love" (Unknown) (Nas - "2nd Childhood" (Sony))
22. The Chi-Lites - "That's How Long I Love You" (Unknown) (Jay Z - "Dec 4" (Roc-A-Fella))
23. Abdel Halim-Hefes - "Khasiaraya-Gar" (EMI Arabia) (Jay Z - "Big Pimpin'" (Roc-A-Fella))
24. Labi Siffre - "I Got The" (Mr Bongo) (Eminem - "My Name Is" (Aftermath)/Jay Z - "The Streets Is Watching" (Roc-A-Fella))
25. Samuel Johnson - "My Music" (Columbia) (Jadakiss - "We're Gonna Make It" (Ruff Ryders/Interscope))
26. Milt Jackson - "Olinga" (CTI) (Tribe Called Quest - "Award Tour" (Jive))
27. War - "Magic Mountain" (Rhino) (De La Soul - "Potholes In My Lawn" (Tommy Boy))
28. Ahmad Jamal - "Swahililand" (20th Century) (De La Soul - "Stakes Is High" (Tommy Boy))
39. Gap Mangione - "Diana In The Autumn Wind" (GRC) (Slum Village - "Fall In Love" (Capitol)/Jaylib - "Official" (Stones Throw))
40. David McCallum - "The Edge" (Capitol) (Dr Dre - "Next Episode" (Aftermath))
41. Creative Source - "I Can't See Myself Without You" (Sussex/Polydor) (Freeway - "What We Do" (Unknown))
42. Average White Band - "Love Your Life" (Rhino) (Tribe Called Quest - "Check The Rhyme" (Jive))
43. Funkadelic - "Let's Take It To The People" (Westbound) (Tribe Called Quest - "Everything Is Fair" (Jive))
44. Ronnie Foster - "Mystic Brew" (Blue Note) (Tribe Called Quest - "Electric Relaxation" (Jive))
45. The Chi-Lites - "Are You My Woman?" (Brunswick/Eugene) (Beyonce - "Crazy In Love" (Columbia))
46. The Meters - "Oh Calcutta!" (Josie) (Amerie - "One Thing" (Sony))
47. McCoy Tyner - "Impressions" (Milestone/OJC) (Black Sheep - "The Choice Is Yours" (Mercury))
49. Nirvana - "Indiana" (White) (The Roots - "Dynamite" (Geffen))[

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Word. This is tight! It's funny though how most of the people that used these "samples" just looped the same couple of bars throughout the entire song with just a few change ups. They added some drums and a few other things and that's it. They did'nt even try to mask the sample or nothing. No wonder fools be gettin' sued all the time. I've got mad records that I don't even use because I can't mask the sample or it would be too prominent in the mix. I guess I've been in the underground too long. Shit, I'm about to start gettin' my loop on too! LOL!
ONE

C

Carpe Diem

no probs guys, ima keep em coming if i find more shi*...

booya_nang

A breath of fre$h air!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 76
timbaland did sure loop that song for big pimpin, but his version sounds a lot cleaner and better, anybody know how he achieved this?

Gene Flo

"Current Events" OUT NOW! www.TheVerbalImage.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
wow where was this found.... great find... definatly something you can just sit and listen to... im a very happy man.....

i have to just send another message.... this is just a great mix man.... hah i love the classical tracks on here... =)

Precog

I Phantom
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
Nice find mate! Quite surprised to see how many of em were just straight looped.

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
I'm constantly perplexed by people's responses to looped samples... Dope is dope, whether you're Ghostface rapping over THE ORIGINAL SONG, or Prefuse 73 destroying a sample till it's unrecognizable. No I.D. looped most of the samples for alot of his work with Common, and I still think it's top-notch material. RZA... production GOD... loops all the time. Dre... loops all the time... No, no i take that back.... his "band" replays sample loops all the time.

Fuck it, I say loop till your balls turn green. If the shit is dope, good job excavating that sample before I did. and HOPE i dont flip that same sample better than you.

Precog

I Phantom
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
Yeah, actually ever since i made that comment above, i have began to change my mind on the subject. Cos if you find a dope loop, if you chopped it up you could probabley end up with somethin that doesnt sound as good and wont flow as well as the loop. This has happened to me lately. Although i do like to chop shit up as well. Like you said 'If the shit is dope' there is no point in changing it. Its the end result that counts.

Skillz

ill o.g.
I;v noticed one or two extra tracks in there that arent listed. After number 41 (the Freeway Sample) there is a Gang Starr Sample in there but i cant for the life in me remember the song name, i'll have to get the albums out later...

I noticed one or two more as well but i cant remember where about there were or what they were now

Skillz

j p

ill o.g.
major props on putting this together. funny to see how many of the classic songs are just loops.

Daymo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Dantson said:
I'm constantly perplexed by people's responses to looped samples... Dope is dope, whether you're Ghostface rapping over THE ORIGINAL SONG, or Prefuse 73 destroying a sample till it's unrecognizable. No I.D. looped most of the samples for alot of his work with Common, and I still think it's top-notch material. RZA... production GOD... loops all the time. Dre... loops all the time... No, no i take that back.... his "band" replays sample loops all the time.

Fuck it, I say loop till your balls turn green. If the shit is dope, good job excavating that sample before I did. and HOPE i dont flip that same sample better than you.

Well said Dantson. At the end of the day it is an entirely personal decision as to whether or not to chop the sample up until it sounds completely different or just loop the whole thing but it’s the end result that counts. Certain techniques take more skill than others but if it sounds dope then it sounds dope.

Cheers
Daymo

members online