Selling Beats...

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Dope read...I've actually walked down the same path to some extent...I've started looking into giving up just trying to sell beats to everyone, rather than just provide the music at no charge to some artists.....

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 75
very inspiring read, nice post, im still in the passion zone and hope to remain in this mindset even if i ever get paid or offers in the future, music is just something that moves me and hits me deeply, my passion is to make my own music with emotion and that can touch someone like i feel when i hear something amazing. all about the love of the art of sampling or any means necessary to get that golden sound

Valmont

Battle Points: 2
Yeah, I read this article and while I think it's a good cautionary tale, I don't think it should really affect most of the people on this forum who are passionate about hip-hop.

Assuming I didn't love the music, I'd still give it my all because of a sense of pride. Like I wouldn't feel right about selling a country song (a genre I dislike and thus clearly I'm not passionate about it) to someone that wasn't the best song I could possibly make because it just reflects poorly on me.