Selling beats

FuriousMusic

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Can somebody explain to me whats the difference between exclusive rights and leasing a beat? I been checking alot of yall sites out and these words always seem to pop up and i dont understand how it works.

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
leasing a beat is usuaklly cheaper because you still own the rights and can sell it to someone else for the same price. Depending on the signing for the beat, you might be able to sell it exclusively and take back all rights from those you sold it to, but that might be a bit tricky sticky.

If you give exlusive rights, then you have to give them full rights to it, you can't sell it again to anyone else, plus you would most likely include a copy of every file required to create the song.

One word of wisdom though, if you have talent and everyone loves your music for real, then MAKE SURE YOU ASK A VERY GOOD PRICE FOR YOUR SHIT. DO NOT be taken advantage of.

Your music is an extension of YOU, so remember, don't be a HO, unless the price is right :grin:

FuriousMusic

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Damn mercury you puttin in work huh. You got like 90 joints for sale.Yo yall both got some nice shit keep it up thanks for the input.

members online