Selling my beats.....

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I recently have got like 5+ emails of underground artists wanting to lease some of my beats for promo albums. Never really leased any beats. How much do some of you charge for people to lease your beats? And how much to the rights to the beats? For those who have sold some beats, any feedback would be apprechiated!!! THANKS

the reezo

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
charge what you feel the beat is worth. leasing is much better cuz you can resell it, but try and get some sort of written agreement with both signatures on it. try not to set your price too high because it can scare people off, and thus not getting your beats heard by more people.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
congratulations Elementree, i'm happy for you bro. I've been contemplating signing up for the producer thing but I didn't really think it'd get me much exposure. Seems a lot of people have success with it though. Can anyone enlighten me? My thing is I feel like all of the traffic to my site would be from other producers... not necessarily people wanting to buy beats.

U

urbansuzpex

If you have a copyright on the track then you will retain rights over the track. Leasing the track is cool it will open up doors for you, but ultimately you wanna sell tracks to individuals with budgets. They will obtain ownership of the track including the copyright but you keep your portion of the publishing at least 50 percent.

members online