Showcase - April 1-3, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobodyelse

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10
I don't think cows would drink human milk

http://soundcloud.com/niggasorous/autumn-breeze-5-new-mix @ Diskrete, Dope joint sounds very experimental like something from a very dramatic scene from a sci fi movie.. The synth play was on point, the bottom was bumpin right. I'm all about straying away from the norm, and this joint does just that.. nice build up to the beat, and when things get going they take right off.. @ DOPElyfe cool joint the sample was dope, the drums were a lil on the low (volume) side for me but if thats the way you intended it to be that's cool.. other than that tight beat, a few more change ups would've been cool too.

diskrete

Roving Beat Maker
ill o.g.
@N2Deep: Nice vibe, good sample selection, good sounding bass, kick seem a little low, overall good track, head bop music

@Nobodyelse: Feelin it, I don't know why but the first thing that came to my mind when I heard this was Gran Turismo - like I could hear this in that game. Crisp drums, real mellow, love the background sax, sample fits real good with the song. Nice track

drex

superpimp trillionaire
Battle Points: 11
Pick one, any one... Or go nuts and do em all
From the illmuzik set...
http://snd.sc/HBILOd

Yo Diskrete, that joint feels more like the road to home than feels good to be home, Ilove the theme but I don't love the sounds. I got a heavy 80s vibe offit and that's cool if that's your goal, if so, then you nailed it, it did have a trimuphant feel to it. Kind of an encouraging sound.... Overall, pretty damn good...

N2deep,I reserve judgment until I can put this on my speakers, but from the ipad I can tell already that I like the sequencing and the chops sound rugged... Nice.
The drums might be an issue, but I cant really say from the one speaker the ipad has... Brb...

Nobody else,Damn, I thought I wastheonly one with love for the sax... Nice joint shit seems well balanced, the piece feels like it needs a small drum solo or at least touch the toms... Only thing, I didnt like the vocal sample, sent it too far in the smooth jazz direction for my tastes...if that was your aim, you got it... Still nice work tho
I like the change up at the end, at that point the vocal sample was perfect.

N2DeepBeatz

Pick one, any one... Or go nuts and do em all
From the illmuzik set...
http://snd.sc/HBILOd

Yo Diskrete, that joint feels more like the road to home than feels good to be home, Ilove the theme but I don't love the sounds. I got a heavy 80s vibe offit and that's cool if that's your goal, if so, then you nailed it, it did have a trimuphant feel to it. Kind of an encouraging sound.... Overall, pretty damn good...

N2deep,I reserve judgment until I can put this on my speakers, but from the ipad I can tell already that I like the sequencing and the chops sound rugged... Nice.
The drums might be an issue, but I cant really say from the one speaker the ipad has... Brb...

Nobody else,Damn, I thought I wastheonly one with love for the sax... Nice joint shit seems well balanced, the piece feels like it needs a small drum solo or at least touch the toms... Only thing, I didnt like the vocal sample, sent it too far in the smooth jazz direction for my tastes...if that was your aim, you got it... Still nice work tho
I like the change up at the end, at that point the vocal sample was perfect.

thanks, i checked Lightning Strike, sounded like something dilla would do!!! i love it, nice changeup... how do u suddenly make the tempo slow? and everything sounds same on these apple headphones, so i literally dunno what the beat i made sounds like on speakers :p

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Diskrete - Love the drum pattern, and that kick. wondered if when solo the drums could glue a bit better together? They sound alright when rest of mix comes in.
At first didn't really think the drums fit with the first melody, but, it all sounds really sick. Musically, the patterns flow the way I would want them too. Real good stuff, man.
Is most your stuff similar to this?

N2D - Like this. I think some of the chops sound they hit a few mili's too late? Drums could do with being pushed a little more forward in the mix. Otherwise it's nice!

nobody - nice stuff, I think the snare could do with having a less stereo spread sound, needs a nice 'crack' to it. I can see what people mean, sounds like would make good menu-music on a car game!

odbarq - loving that bass/kick swell. Sounds kinda tasty. Wonder if the main sample could be brought up a tiny amount in the mix. Sounds good though, not sure if the chops sound a bit too 'stop-start', but still. Good stuff

diskrete

Roving Beat Maker
ill o.g.
To all, the feedback is appreciated

Odbarq: Checked out Wargods, loved the Japanese instruments (maybe because I lived in Japan, I don't know), love the vibe and the change up, I think the kicks are too loud, they sound distorted in my speakers, other than that good track - can see it in a kung fu movie

About my track, I agree it sounds more like the road to home, but it just happened to be the first track I made when I finally got home after 9 weeks and it felt good to be home lol, only reason I named it that, first thing that came to mind

Iron keys: I don't really know what you are getting at with the question you asked, are you talking about composed with synths, or the way the beat flows? I pretty much make whatever comes to mind depending on my mood or what I have recently heard. I mostly compose and I use a lot of strings, and I make a lot of harmonies in my music (I was a second violinist in orchestra). Most of my music does show some type of progression from beginning to end.

N2Deep: The second beat you posted is nice, love the vibe, the sample sounds a little cluttered before it loops, kind of squeaky, but it's cool, I think the volume of the snare should be lowered slightly. Overall good track.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
To all, the feedback is appreciated
Iron keys: I don't really know what you are getting at with the question you asked, are you talking about composed with synths, or the way the beat flows? I pretty much make whatever comes to mind depending on my mood or what I have recently heard. I mostly compose and I use a lot of strings, and I make a lot of harmonies in my music (I was a second violinist in orchestra). Most of my music does show some type of progression from beginning to end.

That largely answered my question! Nice stuff.

Having that role in an orchestra I imagine helped you with creating a build of tension and a dramatic feel? Would love to have that knowledge.

nobodyelse

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10
Being different isn't always a choice.

Thanks for the listens & critiques.. The car video game menu music comment had me lmao!!! I went for a smoother vibe cause I normally hear the same types of beats displayed.. Until Next Time, Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online