Showcase - December 7-13, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@2GooD Productions i like the beat but especially the synth during the hook. The kick wasn’t bad i think it would just sound better with a different kick. Bubbles was my favorite I can definitely hear a dope emcee killin a freestyle to that beat. Love the mixing as well

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@2GooD Productions

Front lines is dope my man that channeling some real synthwave vibes here, would be perfect for the 80s style shooter im gaming atm hahah, melodic elements mix well together, i really like the drumwork here its next level, only thing im unsure if i like is the bells that come in on occasion they seem a tad misplaced, i actually really like the kick it suits this style rly nice work

bubbles i enjoy the laid back style of this the bass sound is rly cool, nice ochestral stuff too enjoyed it would of preferred a real guitar heheh

that freestyle is dope he reminds me of an artist called Fliptrix the beat suits his flow very well, again i really admire your drumwork here (like how its like a delay on occasion before the kick or snare hits sounds rly cool) rly makes me wanna up my game :p

reference:

@Matt-D

thats some dope piano my guy ! mad respect for you as a musician that phrasing is tasty as all hell

here's something i came up with while messing around with the piano in fl kinda made it as a troll at first but dunno maybe it turned out ok ?

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
Havent put anything up in awhile sooooo first my takes (worthless but)

@2GooD Productions dude, I got nothing... fire bro, just... yeah
@Matt-D bro, you got wayyyyyyy more skill than I could ever have, wish I could play man, nice nice shit
@Crispifier man thats some magic there bro, impressive keywork. riser was really nice, I enjoyed that. sounds like something I would play at Christmas lol nice whitenoise addition for some flavor. Maybe when you EQd it could of maybe taken down the low end a bit more and added a little more flanger... its all I got on that. good stuff bro

anyhow was messing around trying to make a different type of melody and came up with this, I thought it worked well and from discord they seem to like it so

What’s up @2GooD Productions congrats on the win!! Will give feedback very soon. Decided to do something for the holidays learned this song by ear.

Nice, I wish I could play keyboard like that. Im more of a one hand at a time guy. I can play a litle with two hands but nothing remotely fancy. And thanks. Shame the visualizer doesnt have a snow effect, would be perfect for a seasonal track like that.

@2GooD Productions

Front lines is dope my man that channeling some real synthwave vibes here, would be perfect for the 80s style shooter im gaming atm hahah, melodic elements mix well together, i really like the drumwork here its next level, only thing im unsure if i like is the bells that come in on occasion they seem a tad misplaced, i actually really like the kick it suits this style rly nice work

bubbles i enjoy the laid back style of this the bass sound is rly cool, nice ochestral stuff too enjoyed it would of preferred a real guitar heheh

that freestyle is dope he reminds me of an artist called Fliptrix the beat suits his flow very well, again i really admire your drumwork here (like how its like a delay on occasion before the kick or snare hits sounds rly cool) rly makes me wanna up my game :p

reference:

@Matt-D

thats some dope piano my guy ! mad respect for you as a musician that phrasing is tasty as all hell

here's something i came up with while messing around with the piano in fl kinda made it as a troll at first but dunno maybe it turned out ok ?

Man I really wish I could play guitar.

As for your track, best drums Ive heard from you so far. Has a christmas vibe to it too. Beat has nice variation that keeps it interesting. Nice work. You have a pretty good game already, now if you had the sounds to back it up you would really worry me in battles. You are definitely starting to find the sounds.

Havent put anything up in awhile sooooo first my takes (worthless but)

@2GooD Productions dude, I got nothing... fire bro, just... yeah
@Matt-D bro, you got wayyyyyyy more skill than I could ever have, wish I could play man, nice nice shit
@Crispifier man thats some magic there bro, impressive keywork. riser was really nice, I enjoyed that. sounds like something I would play at Christmas lol nice whitenoise addition for some flavor. Maybe when you EQd it could of maybe taken down the low end a bit more and added a little more flanger... its all I got on that. good stuff bro

anyhow was messing around trying to make a different type of melody and came up with this, I thought it worked well and from discord they seem to like it so

The beat really suits the vocal, nice drum work. Lots of guys never manage to get the vocal to sit right on the beat but you nailed it.

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@Pappas Beats wow that acapella sounds almost made for that beat, i really like the hats they sit just in the right place, those brass sounds are rly cool too and yeah you need to throw those tapestops in everything u make cuz ur rly good at them. Melody is simple but works rly well here, dunno dude dont have a lot to criticize its really solid i could be trippin but it sounds like the volume drops on the vocals in some places ? not sure, if it does its barley noticable, great jobb anyway like rly

Flip G

Nzyte

My homie I grew up with is big in to the church these days so I made a record he could bump.... let me know what you all think of this gospel gangsta lol!

@2GooD Productions
Frontlines - I like the arrangement a lot, It's always good when you can pick out the hook
Bubbles - Loving the hip hop drums... sound like a Detroit record... I like how there is space in the arrangement to build into... nice
Hero's Freestyle - I like this... the emcee is nice and the beat works well with his verses... very cinematic and engaging... good job to both you and Davvo

@Matt-D - this very nice... I could hear some Brian McKnight on that joint... flamez... bring back RnB!

@Crispifier - Mix sounds awesome, I'm digging the transition FX and the beat switch up too... This would be a sick dedication type track... I'm feeling like a Ariana Grande type on this... Nice job

@Pappas Beats - this is cool! I like how you made different sections... also I love how much space is in the mix too... I like the vocals too (two of my favs)

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
@2GooD Productions My man! solid work. I really love all 3 but "bubbles" is my favorite. Your melodies are real tight.
@Matt-D My brotha, you got real finesse on the keys, makes me want to buy a full size keyboard and start learning. Good shit bro!
@Pappas Beats Real nice work bro! love the hi hat programming and the hook part.
@Crispifier Too clean bro. Love the melodies and counter melodies on this here.
@XIS Real clean brotha! Love the horns on this here.

This is something I threw together with a Jazz sample. Specifically wondering if the Bass should be louder. Thanks in advance for feedback guys.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
@Crispifier that came out really good! I honestly could picture Kanye on that beat. Great use of that classical piece!!
@Pappas Beats yo this joint is serious, I love that trap, band sound. I'm really into that sound you put your foot in this remix!!
@XIS Not only is this fire, but I love it because of the good, clean lyrics. That bassline is insane!!
@Rah.sool this is so smooth, I love that classic jazzy hip hop style. This is one of those beats that can stand on it's on as well as have an emcee spit on it.

jafar4000

Battle Points: 3
Hey ya'll gonna drop a couple of newbies and my usual tape launch drop here:
was happy with the overall consistency, tone/depth of these beats:

Nothing here yet.
Nothing here yet.

tracks 3-6 'dedsec':

Thanks for listening !

mattsak

@2GooD Productions My man! solid work. I really love all 3 but "bubbles" is my favorite. Your melodies are real tight.
@Matt-D My brotha, you got real finesse on the keys, makes me want to buy a full size keyboard and start learning. Good shit bro!
@Pappas Beats Real nice work bro! love the hi hat programming and the hook part.

This is something I threw together with a Jazz sample. Specifically wondering if the Bass should be louder. Thanks in advance for feedback guys.

oooouuuu this a little vibe, off top I'm feeling it, nice work

made this with a lil kid sample and an electronic flip up at the end

P Legit

The kick could be better on the first one. I can rock with Bubbles as in it feels like the essence of hip hop

DJ Wax-Turtle

ILLIEN

Yo! this is fantastic!

Especially those drums. Love the sad lo-fi vibe.
Bass is fine to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online