Showcase - February 22-28, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad

Battle Points: 8
@Marc Duncan - I thought the sound selection on this beat was really good and I liked the overall mix too. The melody in the strings also complemented the beat pretty well. Great work.

@Matt-D : I like the different elements that you added to the track. It sounds very different from the original but it still fits. Kind of gives me an 808 and Heartbreak vibe. I thought the synth melody at 1:17 was out of key, it might just be a tuning issue on the synth.

@2GooD Productions : I liked the panning and use of percussion in the beat and the choice of instrumentation in the beat was nice. I thought the vocals were rhythmically out of time until about the 1:30 mark when the strings and other instrumentation came in but I know that’s pretty common with acapellas. Overall, it was pretty good

Below are my beats for this week:

kobu

Kobu Beats
Battle Points: 1
Emo rap beat (Juice WRLD, The Kid LAROI, etc). I swear i named it before the daft punk news broke :(

Sole Element

ILLIEN
@2GooD Productions i like this beat though I have mixed feelings about the vocals, to me they go nicely on certain parts then on others it seems different. I think it would sound cleaner without vocals but definitely great beat.
@Chad i love the sounds you used and the arrangement. I think they’re both mixed well and everything but tbh the melody just doesn’t catch my attention, I think if you work on your melodies some it would improve your beats tremendously. But definitely nice work.
@kobu not really feeling the drums but that piano is on point!!

Flip G

Nzyte
Yo, I normally try to drop on Mondays but I had to reflect on daft punk... Almost cried watching the last video...

This is what I got this week... trying some stuff out... not the best singing but give me pointers on anything you hear, I won't be offended... I Wrote/Mix/Mastered/Recorded in a week... that's my game...lol

------------------------
@Marc Duncan - giving me mortal kombat vibes... I really like the synth sound in the back of the mix, gave it get width... vocal sample give it a ghostly vibe too... I likes... sound like Future

@Matt-D - make me think of kanye... drums sound like they came off your keyboard but I would like to hear it with sampled drums... smooth tho, sounds like vacation.. good job

@2GooD Productions - the main synth make me think of the 80s... and there are some Phil Collins toms in there too... strings sounds nice... soundtrack vibes on this one... nice

@Chad - (Dust to dust) I like the vocal sample in the begin, it sets up the vibe... this make me think of Eminem, it's kind of got his bounce...also the instrumentation sounds like TI too... good job

(In Deep) - I wanna hear a Dolph and OJ da juice mane record on this... I would revisit the mix by doing an A/B comparison with a song from artist like Gucci... good job tho

@kobu - piano sound beautiful... mix sound good too... I like this track, it's got energy... I would like to hear big sean on this

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
For @XIS singing Youtube "Eric Arceneaux," "Victoria Rapanan," and "Moleek Simmons"

Sole Element

ILLIEN
@XIS Great work on the arrangement and the beat!! The vocals can use a little work, they’re not bad though, and like I said the song is well written I just think the song would be that much better with great vocals. This could be considered a great demo to sell, I wish I could sing good enough to demo out a song lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online

No members online now.