Showcase - July 11-13, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZonQ

ill o.g.
2Good: Like the intro with the warewolve!! lol kind of remind me of thriller!! like the drums and the voice mixes well with the beat!! overall a really good job!!

I'll post some more feed back when there is gonna be more beats!! ;)
-----------------------------------

Now heres my beat I did:

http://soundcloud.com/sebastienroyer/sample-de-fou

Peace Out Pat

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
2good - that is one of the coolest beats I've heard in a while seriously, It goes so good with the lyrics, you must be a shoe in for that comp, seriously, if make any more beats like that get at me and I will tear them to shreds cause I absolutely love the feel

zonQ - I was impressed with your beat before the piano came in and that just made it so much better, I dig the vibe, eat some crispix thats a crisp mix

heres a beat I made with a rap as well, its kinda long, and kinda rough, but I've got it all down and ready to rerecord professionally if I ever get a chance, lyrics are there

myspace.com/itsselfproclaimed (working to die) the other one I didnt make the beat, but you can give me feedback on that one too if you want

zonq, I didnt even realise you posted a beat, I thought that was your sig. My bad..

This is dope I like the added tubular bells, Im big on them at the minute, even used them in my beat. Im also going very much into the classic/movie theme samples, Im going through some Danny Elfman right now, which is where I got my sample for that beat, the funny thing is the sample is from the movie Wolfman. I thought it would suit a track called walking with beasts pretty well, so I added the howls lol. Anyway, dope beat, its a head nodder.

Peace Out Pat. The track sounds very airy, like there is too much reverb, personally I think it takes away from the beat, its well composed tho and I like the drums especially the snare pattern and sound. Has a very mainstream sound, especially the hook. I think if you killed most of that reverb this would have great commercial potential. also being as Im sampling Danny Elfman right now, there should be a few beats like that last one of mine on the way. Ill let you know.

ZonQ

ill o.g.
Peace out pat: great track the only thing I would suggest you is too layer another trumpet on top of that one cuz it doesn't sound too much of a real one. Like you take the same trumpet line put you put it in a lower key so it feels more deep! put overall thats a good one!!

2good: like the sample a lot. Sounds like somethings gonna happen in a movie or something! lol

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Zon... Kool G Rap would sound grimey on this beat. The beat sounds agressive... I like the pianos in it, really adds to it. Perhaps the mix could be a little bit better, the piano seems to be fighting a little with the sample?

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
2Good, I feel the somewhat repetitive rhythym. It's got that kind of marching feel, I dunno, can't explain it. But it's tight... got a Wutang style vibe to the beat.

And shit, Klashnekoff? I remember his Murder track, tht shit was sick.

Dope track, bredrin.

2Good, I feel the somewhat repetitive rhythym. It's got that kind of marching feel, I dunno, can't explain it. But it's tight... got a Wutang style vibe to the beat.

And shit, Klashnekoff? I remember his Murder track, tht shit was sick.

Dope track, bredrin.

Thanks man, and yeah I was surprised Iceman was doing stuff with Klashnekoff myself. Hes certainly one of my favorite UK rappers and I dont have many of those.
And yeah I was going for that repetetive march type sound. A hard head nodder, lol, put ya neck out of joint type ish, lol. I started out trying to emulate "Simon Says - Pharoahe Monche" and went from there.

Peace Out Pat

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
2good you gotta let me try and write to that, it can be non exclusive or whatever, It would really give me a chance to sound more serious than I usually do, cause my beats are usually too nice, let me know, I really like this beat too

2good you gotta let me try and write to that, it can be non exclusive or whatever, It would really give me a chance to sound more serious than I usually do, cause my beats are usually too nice, let me know, I really like this beat too

Yeah man no problem, pm me your email and Ill send you a copy.

ZonQ, hot track #1. I like this its like it can be either rap or rnb, I would like to see some more progression and variation tho, has some really good potential.
Murda Murda. This is dope Im feeling this, the piano is a little loud and that synth sound could use some distortion too to grimy it up some more and stop it sounding like a preset. But That beat can go somewhere. Again great potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online