Showcase - June 6-8, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
It's missing something, it feels like a raw beat with some nice add ins but add a funky ass piano line to this and its a contender! The guitar was sick, and for scratches... SEE ME! hahahaha

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
@420, yea man I agree. The track is close but it is missing something and maybe it's just missing an emcee but I will keep working.

So I listened to both your tracks and I like them very much, my only criticism is that they do get a little repetitive, especially "The dreams" with that piano riff. I LOVE the drums on both, very cool stuff man. Cant wait to hear more!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
@420 - Hocus Pocus is viscous! A touch low volume wise but the beat is sickness.

The Dream No Vocals - Also a dope beat. I don't feel like it's repetitive structurally, it's the piano that sticks out so much. This beat would be super hot as it is with someone spitting on it or drop that piano in the background (volume wise) for an instrumental.

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 75
@420 - Hocus Pocus is viscous! A touch low volume wise but the beat is sickness.

The Dream No Vocals - Also a dope beat. I don't feel like it's repetitive structurally, it's the piano that sticks out so much. This beat would be super hot as it is with someone spitting on it or drop that piano in the background (volume wise) for an instrumental.

i was gunna lower the piano abit and then add a couple change ups, and have every other pattern switch up a bit to lead up to the 8th bar and have some kinda either build up or drop, then repeat

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
BountyP - Jazz1 is soooo smooth, thats some riding ish. I swear I'd do a lot more jazz flips if that was really my thing but my family and I do a lot of driving, taking trips and nothing makes better riding music. Dope!

@420 - that would definitely do the trick. Repost it if you do.

destrocity

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
http://soundcloud.com/c-notes/royce-da-59-buzzin-remix-prod

lemme know whats good

420BEATZ- DOPE i like the way you flipped the sample and the drums have a dope hiphop vibe to it... keep at it dawg

second one THE DREAMS- pianos tight drums need a bit of eqing but overall I think the beat might be a bit repetitive as far as the piano is concerned might want to change it up a bit good vibe to it tho...

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 75
@ bountyp - thanks man, ur beat rawd jazz1 4 is sick, at first i was like is this just straight jazz? lol then the drums kicked in, nice vocal too, dope beat..

@ destrocity-love the sounds sick for sure, the verse goes good on it too, sounds good to me everything seems on point, maybe add some kinda dramatic change up somewhere in there just for the oomph factor. dope beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.