Not open for further replies.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304

RCbeats

LP*

ILLIEN
@Sucio damn yo. The beat was dope. Like how the snare came in bout half way...the beat and lyrics went well together..rapper was dope too! Good shit.
@RC as always im feelin it, nice sample and drums. Keep it comin.. also tried to take the advice you gave me about drums last time on these,

http://soundcloud.com/luke-powers-lp/i-cant
thats one of if not my favorite beat that I have made, would really appreciate feedback on it.
http://soundcloud.com/luke-powers-lp/the-life-of
http://soundcloud.com/luke-powers-lp/someone-to-help-me
http://soundcloud.com/luke-powers-lp/talking-bout
Would also appreciate feedback on these as well if you guys have time..

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Sucio - skitzo sounds a bit Kool G Rap in places, in terms of his vocal tone. cool vibe on this track, I like it, develops nicely. The kick has a nice thump, but not much pop - dunno if this is more of a mix/preference. If the beat had a bit more sheen/less muddiness, I think it'd sound real dope.

RC - (first beat)I think the last part of the vocal chop hits a bit too early, I dunno, sounds nice, all sounds a bit dull though, maybe could be crisped up a bit. Nice though, generally nice balance too.

LP - love the way the bass 'growls' at points. Nice-ish balance, I like the vocal sample, sounds nice frequency wise. I feel some of the track pumps/fluctuates a bit though, like the levels kinda compress and at points sound reaaaal nice and squished together, at other points sound tooo squished, and then at some points when unsquished it throws the vocal forward, the level of the vocal is fine, but the fluctuation makes it feel a bit 'inconsistent', to me anyway. I like it though, love it. Nice stuff. Just being critical to whatever point I can be in hopes it may help.

Love

Medl4

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 69
@sucio dig that shit, dude is pretty nice on the mic as well.

@RC I would like to hear this mixed and boosted to a normal volume, the groove is ill, nice cuts, I just want to hear it louder and mixed proper & maybe with an emcee on it if you dont add any change ups.

@LP The title of this beat is "I cant" probably because I cant get past the bassline for more than 5 seconds, seriously man. Dissonance is happening, Just cut the bass out & you will have what sounded to be a dope groove underneath it, if you still need low end, take some time and play each note so that you're following the melody.

LP*

ILLIEN
LP - love the way the bass 'growls' at points. Nice-ish balance, I like the vocal sample, sounds nice frequency wise. I feel some of the track pumps/fluctuates a bit though, like the levels kinda compress and at points sound reaaaal nice and squished together, at other points sound tooo squished, and then at some points when unsquished it throws the vocal forward, the level of the vocal is fine, but the fluctuation makes it feel a bit 'inconsistent', to me anyway. I like it though, love it. Nice stuff. Just being critical to whatever point I can be in hopes it may help.

Love

@LP The title of this beat is "I cant" probably because I cant get past the bassline for more than 5 seconds, seriously man. Dissonance is happening, Just cut the bass out & you will have what sounded to be a dope groove underneath it, if you still need low end, take some time and play each note so that you're following the melody.

@Iron Keys- thanks for the feedback man, im still trying to figure out compression so iv been using presets then tweaking them trying to get them to sound right. I have laptop speakers and a 20 dollar pair of sony headphones haha so it's hard to get it right. But I realize what your saying there so thank you for pointing that out, I will try and fix that!

@Medl4- damn, haha thanks for that! I appreciate it man, JustRipe mentioned something about the bass on the track as well, I really have to get better with bass in general. And you are right the bass threw it off, and it does groove better without it... Im working on Filtering the sample so it has a little more low end and also on the compression issue Iron Keys mentioned. I appreciate ya'll takin the time out to listen and critique, Im still kinda new to this so sometimes I need my fuck ups pointed out to me lol. Ill up it when its fixed!

http://soundcloud.com/luke-powers-lp/i-cant-revised

also im feelin that Cardboard track, love all the change ups, keeps it entertaining plus the whole vibe to the track is dope, very chill and relaxed.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
RC88 - "She Used to Be" is CRACK. I love the bass....Is the bass used from the sample, or did you put it in yourself? The sequencing for the drums are dope, I probably would've made it a little more busy, but that's my preference. Made me want to bring it back to the soul sampling....

"On the Corner" - Kick is a little too high in the mix, I see you like those 9th wonder type drums.

LP - "I Can't" the hi hats are a little too high in the mix... the snare is tough, but give it a little bit more meat, just a tad bit... I actually like the bass, but needs tweaking.

Medl4 - "Cardboard" straight in your face boom bap....I'm digging the chops a lot, very smooth transitions, no choppy sound. Nice bass, did you bring that out from the sample?

RCbeats

RC88 - "She Used to Be" is CRACK. I love the bass....Is the bass used from the sample, or did you put it in yourself? The sequencing for the drums are dope, I probably would've made it a little more busy, but that's my preference. Made me want to bring it back to the soul sampling....

"On the Corner" - Kick is a little too high in the mix, I see you like those 9th wonder type drums.

LP - "I Can't" the hi hats are a little too high in the mix... the snare is tough, but give it a little bit more meat, just a tad bit... I actually like the bass, but needs tweaking.

Medl4 - "Cardboard" straight in your face boom bap....I'm digging the chops a lot, very smooth transitions, no choppy sound. Nice bass, did you bring that out from the sample?

thanks for the feedback. I do like the 9th wonder sound i have to admit. he is my biggest influence. I also did notice the Kick is too high in the mix of "on the corner" thanks for the heads up!

Medl4

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 69
^leave some feedback on the other folks beats, player.
& I dont even see what you did there, you just flipped an already made beat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online