Showcase - May 1-7, 2017 - Post your beats here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

arta

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 15
2 in the morning and dead tired, so I'll get to everyone else's tracks later this week.

Klypse, Nice mellow beat. Didn't think the snare fit the rest of the track.

k0d4R, no complaints, everything about this track makes your head nod. Great job.

Matt-D I love the sample flip though the whole track sound overly pitched up to me, drums and all.

Marc Duncan "Don't try it" goes hard as a club track, though the pitched down switch up throws me off. Might be a personal thing.
-----------------------
Alright, been away from this great community for a bit due to an increased workload, I probably won't get back into the swing here until end of May, but for now here are a couple tracks I was working on a while back. Please critique.

Going for an Atliens type vibe with this track. Melody changes throughout.

T

Tritonn

@Klypse Head bobbing with a stank face. This is really good. If it were me I would make the snare come out just a touch more, not much more. Gonna add this track to my late night playlist for sure, Good stuff.

@Kod4R I was gonna say it needs more switch ups, but then the beat broke down for a lil as I was writing this... damn. This goes hard, could def hear Ice Cube over this.

@Matt-D This is different, the drums are a bit weird, but the kind of weird that makes it worth listening to! I dig it. I can't say this sounds like anything I've ever even heard before, you really pulled off the detuned snare here. Nice sample, overall a really solid beat. Keep it up.

@jvsmine You killed that sample! The drum volume is perfect for this type of thing. Summer vibes and old school vibes, dope track. Not even sure if someone on my level can give you useful feedback LOL, just keep it up.

My newest track, infinitely better than most of my other stuff when it comes to production quality

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@Marc Duncan Great beats but I think the third one wins this round for me. I really love the arrangement.
@Kod4R Good job on keeping it simple and effective and nice sample.
@oninkaf I really like the use of the pads and vocals and it fits nicely with the video footage!!
@dBtheProducer Wow!! I love that bass and the beat is crazy!! The mix is a little loud in my opinion but other than that no complaints.
@HouseOfBeets Love the melody and great sounds to accompany it. Very smooth.
@arta Not really crazy about those beats they're not bad but they seem kind of weak in the mix.
@Tritonn This beat is really clean and dope!! I don't know how you get that bass to sound like that but it really brings excitement to the beat. Nice!!

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 104
No new beats from me this time, so I'll just share the full version of my recent battle submission, sorry.
Nothing here yet.
@Tritonn Great one, I love the chords, but I think it's missing some kind of big conclusion or climax. Is that image a reference to MBTI?
@Matt-D Those drums are way too loud for such a smooth track. I would also suggest replacing some of the snare hits with rimshots. I love the effects you've put through the samples.
@Klypse Maybe try placing the bass notes a bit earlier to compensate for the attack.
@Kod4R I don't think it should run for so long because of the minimal changes throughout the beat. It doesn't make it any less hard though, good job.
@jvsmine You should watch for the audible pops in the sample and cut at zero crossing points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online

No members online now.