Showcase - September 14-20, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have anything new for you. I had to upload a beat I made in 2017 I think which has been stored on my hard drive for this whole time. :p

If you want to know how I sounded a few years back, here you can check it. :D

I like tracks like this. Get Nas on this! Really nice arrangement and groove. I reckon you could have made the snare and hi hat way more grimy though!

OK here is my first post on IllMuzik!
This is a track I made this summer on Renoise. I took a half finished track I made, sampled and chopped it, and then built a new song over it. Definitely has a bit of Dre vibe in my mind but I played it to my sister and she thought it sounded like something off College Dropout!

@jihun9554 You have pretty varied stuff here. :D I have to say that I enjoyed listening to that rock songs like 1, 2 and 5. Unfortunately, I do not know original songs because you stated these are remixes but they sound nice. Props to you if you played all instruments yourself. :D Overall, structure of these songs is nice , arrangement is on point, however, I missed vocals. I would really like to hear them with vocalist.

As far as number 3 and 4 is concerned, they were quite a big surprise to me as I didn't expect trap beats when that mixtape started from rock. :D But it's very good thing that you don't stick to one genre and do different things. Overall, I liked it but I think that you need to work on the arrangement in your trap beats. Aside from that I have nothing to critiscise here. :D

jihun9554

Jihun Park
@jihun9554 You have pretty varied stuff here. :D I have to say that I enjoyed listening to that rock songs like 1, 2 and 5. Unfortunately, I do not know original songs because you stated these are remixes but they sound nice. Props to you if you played all instruments yourself. :D Overall, structure of these songs is nice , arrangement is on point, however, I missed vocals. I would really like to hear them with vocalist.

As far as number 3 and 4 is concerned, they were quite a big surprise to me as I didn't expect trap beats when that mixtape started from rock. :D But it's very good thing that you don't stick to one genre and do different things. Overall, I liked it but I think that you need to work on the arrangement in your trap beats. Aside from that I have nothing to critiscise here. :D

Thank you for your feedback !! your comments moved me :) I plan to make a full version of these songs within this year, and you will be able to listen to the recorded version soon!

Hey there!
This is my first post ever, as i decided to ask for some feedback for one of my recent beats.
Thankful for every honest opinion on this :) Thanks!

@Face Valid This is cool man. :D I love those piano parts. The whole beat definitely reminds of Dre's style. :D Also those vocals are nice. I'm talking about that "ooooh". It compliments other elements of the beat in a really good way. What is more mix is very balanced and clean I would say. Good job. :) Keep going.
Thanks a lot dude :up2: Guess my sister doesn't know what she's talking about! Yeah vocal sample was from a Music Radar free pack. They've got loads of cool free stuff. Appreciate the feedback and will look out for more tunes from yourself :)

Hey there!
This is my first post ever, as i decided to ask for some feedback for one of my recent beats.

@JackoBeats - good tune. Like the sound choices and melody, very chilled vibe. Has a melancholy feel. Thought the mix was very clean and like the panning on the hi hats. On my speakers the kick sounded quite high relative to snare and clap, but otherwise sounded great!

Qwaint

qwaintvibes@gmail.com
Hey there!

Gave your track a listen. Upon listening, it gave me an immediate sense of nostalgia and I began to reflect upon autumn. Right now it is turning into that season. This kind of beat gives off the feeling of lucidity and inspires moments of self reflection. As I kept listening to the beat, I began to mellow out. This is the kind of song that would be effective if it was in the forefront of the mind or playing in the background, while you are occupied with something such as reading or writing.

The atmosphere that you created is something special. The way you combined textures and temperature is unique. There is a warmth that comes with this song, and as it progresses the song explains itself with sincerity.

In terms of the mix, it was definitely trap, which I do not usually listen to. Some people may not be fond of this technique and style, however we all have different tastes. I also recognized that the sound that you used was "nearly" a polished new school sound, but it had elements of the clean sound. Not to say that this is a bad thing. A polished atmosphere really is how songs nowadays tend to sound, however it was not completely of a new school sound. In fact there were remnants of an old school spirit within this presentation, which I personally enjoyed. I like to categorize the atmosphere of songs between clean and polished. Typically you will see this in alternative hip hop and new school hip hop. I speak about the way a song is filtered and the techniques that proceeded to register a certain kind of sound.

Overall I would rate this song as a 4 out of 5. You practice a good range of techniques and have created a formula that I think works well. Your sound engineering is great, the atmosphere is enjoyable, the song leaves an impression (which is a talent many do not have), it complements pretty much any occasion, and it had a unique blend of new school and old school elements.

I have a feeling that this is the kind of track that grows on you as time progresses. The kind that ages like fine wine. It has potential to become a 5.

I applaud you for your efforts and wish you the best.

Qwaint

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

members online