So you think you make beat covers huh? Show us what ya got!! Who makes cover beats?

3ternal

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 3
Here are a couple of my beat covers:

This is just a couple bar loop of 'Big Brother' by Kanye West: https://vocaroo.com/1eesiZodnQwE

Obviously needs work on mix as well as make the rest of it and putting rest of instruments. I'm kind of mad because I somehow misplaced the drums on the track so it's either find new ones or redo them.

This is a remake of 'Big Spender' by Theophilus London Ft. Asap Rocky: https://vocaroo.com/1124tBGfFxsI

I'd probably say like a 7/10, needs a better mix, I don't have that cash register sample either

In the past I've done covers of:

2Pac- My Ambitionz Az A Ridah
Juicy J- You Can Get Murked
Shyne- Here With Me
Rick Ross- Stay Schemin'
Lil Wayne- Dear Anne

Might have forgotten one or two..

Planning on doing:

Rich Boy- Throw Some D's On It
Jay Electronica- Exhibit C
Future- Percocet and Strip Joint

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
Niceee, sounding sick! I got a few covers-

ATCQ medley:

J dilla -

ALL CAPS -

Hip Hop Rap GIF by Karla Delakidd
Mf Doom Rap GIF by Gunpowder & Sky
mf doom rap GIF by Gunpowder & Sky
Mf Doom Rap GIF by Gunpowder & Sky

DOPE STUFF, G.

Jaytreaze

couple days ago remade the beat to players (J Dilla/Slum Village) on my 404sx :)

heres the original for reference :)

BiggChev

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10
I don't actually make "beat covers" but I will say, this is a GREAT way to learn the process if you're new to beat making.

I remember being in middle school; my buddies and I spent hours on end trying to recreate beats in Fruity Loops 3. It certainly helped to accelerate our understanding of instrument selection, arrangement, song structure etc.

I don't actually make "beat covers" but I will say, this is a GREAT way to learn the process if you're new to beat making.

I remember being in middle school; my buddies and I spent hours on end trying to recreate beats in Fruity Loops 3. It certainly helped to accelerate our understanding of instrument selection, arrangement, song structure etc.
I dont make covers either but I agree 100%