Some 8 bit vibes...

Earsblower

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 22

Well I think the learning curve still goes on with this one. The guitar is a sample, but everything else's mine. There's probably a lot of small tweaks here and there that I require but that's why I post it here so that I can have some constructive feedback. Hope you'll enjoy and thanks for listening guys !

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 545
Sounds nice out of my phone speaker.

Only issue I have, is the title had me ready for some proper Sega and NES vibes. Oh wait it's become more like that.

Yeah this is dope.

What did you do to achieve the game type sounds? Tell me about it.

(I've got a few 8 bit type beats floating around on here too!)

Earsblower

ILLIEN
Sounds nice out of my phone speaker.

Only issue I have, is the title had me ready for some proper Sega and NES vibes. Oh wait it's become more like that.

Yeah this is dope.

What did you do to achieve the game type sounds? Tell me about it.

(I've got a few 8 bit type beats floating around on here too!)
I love the way you wrote your response Haha thanks man it made me laugh a good chunk.

For the ''8 bit'' portion I used Basic 64, a free VST. Pretty useful and a LOT of options. Go get it if you do not use it yet (let me know if you can't find it).

Also thanks for the very good comment man, I appreciate it. I'm still at the early stages of my journey and feel like every beat I'm constructing is getting a bit more complete every single time and any feedback is more than welcomed. I do it mainly from the heart and with passion so it means a lot if you can listen it non stop.

Ys Man

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 21
the start has potential, i wasnt expecting that bass, so used to an 808 coming in for something like this, i dont know if its just because there isnt any vocals or not but it kind of feels like im anticipating it to go somewhere else and get "bigger" for a hook section but kind of stays flat, not really a fan of the fake horns at the end they seems out of place.

Earsblower

ILLIEN
the start has potential, i wasnt expecting that bass, so used to an 808 coming in for something like this, i dont know if its just because there isnt any vocals or not but it kind of feels like im anticipating it to go somewhere else and get "bigger" for a hook section but kind of stays flat, not really a fan of the fake horns at the end they seems out of place.
Thanks for the feedback and taking the time to listen !

The horn at the end is Sax and I wanted to use my voice instead and do a kind of choir effect but I gave up since I was not able to achieve the quality I wanted.

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37

Well I think the learning curve still goes on with this one. The guitar is a sample, but everything else's mine. There's probably a lot of small tweaks here and there that I require but that's why I post it here so that I can have some constructive feedback. Hope you'll enjoy and thanks for listening guys !

Really like the scratch effect, adds a nice element. The shift from the guitar to synth was smooth, and I like how the 8-bit vibes evolved throughout the track. Solid work here. Maybe the melody is a tad loud and the drums could be a bit louder, but that may just be personal preference. Great work here, really smooth and clean overall.

Earsblower

ILLIEN
Really like the scratch effect, adds a nice element. The shift from the guitar to synth was smooth, and I like how the 8-bit vibes evolved throughout the track. Solid work here. Maybe the melody is a tad loud and the drums could be a bit louder, but that may just be personal preference. Great work here, really smooth and clean overall.
Thanks for the feedback.

I normally tend to put drums too loud so I did drop it low a bit. But yeah it's a personal taste at this point.

members online