Some changes Im making...

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I was gonna put it in promo but Im not promoing anything yet, but I have decided to "sign" with KB Ent here in Charlotte as part of their production team.
Krucial 1 is actually a non active member here and makes up the "K" half of the company.

I have known these guys for a long time and it would appear that they have worked most all of the kinks out of thier program, they are/have some very talented MC's and producers from this area .

I can still do work with whomever Id like but I will be spending more time on producing product for these cats.

As far as Step is concerned I beleive he is taking a hiatus for now and I gotta keep it moving , K&B has some big thangs comming up so be sure I'll be posting alot more activity on behalf of my new employer.

Yes it is Southern hiphop mostly, I think from what I have heard on this last mixtape though it aint wack by any means, the emcees can hang with lyrically with the "original" sound or anything west coast.
I dont take this move lightly and since we're all fam I thought I'd tell you what I was up to.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Personally, I have my reserves when it comes to making a change like youre doing but I understand keeping things moving. From your text it sounds like you are confident in these new cats and thats very important. I say go for it. I think you should talk with Step about it and tell him why youre making this decision just outta respect for the relationship that you two have established.

Just be sure that this is what you want to do and know what the new cats expect BEFORE you sign anything. Them being cool and appearing to have everything in check is one thing and signing an obligation is another. I know youre a smart cat so you should be good.

That said, congrads should be in order. Keep grinding my friend and good luck. Thanks for sharing that and keep us posted.

one,

dac

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
It's always your friends or relatives that cause you to loose VALUABLE time in this game. Time that you can never get back! I've had at least 2 deals in the works over the last couple years and NEITHER panned out in the end.

I personally REFUSE to work with a group of people again. I'll collab on shit but that's it. I'm not signing with anybody unless they're DOING SHIT NOW...TODAY! I'm not going on what they are projected to do or hope to do in the future. It's just my experience but up to this point it's more hype than anything. U get all amp'd up about what they say they're doing and next thing you know you've invested a lot of time and the ship has never left the dock! It only serves to make you more and more hardened to this business. It has way too many snakes and a gazzillion fakes!

It may workout for you Relic but the odds are against it.....trust me on that. You're coming into something ready made which means your input will be limited..no matter how much they tell you it won't.

I'm not telling you this to convince you not to do it....just telling you so u can beware and AWARE of how it usually goes. The rap game right now is OVERLY saturated with producers, wanna be Emcee's, wanna be independent labels and everything else under the sun. Mixed CD's don't bring money anymore...they're no more than promotional items these days. At the end of the day it's your decision.

You're an older VET in the game like me. We don't have time to waste!

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
It's always your friends or relatives that cause you to loose VALUABLE time in this game. Time that you can never get back! I've had at least 2 deals in the works over the last couple years and NEITHER panned out in the end.

I personally REFUSE to work with a group of people again. I'll collab on shit but that's it. I'm not signing with anybody unless they're DOING SHIT NOW...TODAY! I'm not going on what they are projected to do or hope to do in the future. It's just my experience but up to this point it's more hype than anything. U get all amp'd up about what they say they're doing and next thing you know you've invested a lot of time and the ship has never left the dock! It only serves to make you more and more hardened to this business. It has way too many snakes and a gazzillion fakes!

It may workout for you Relic but the odds are against it.....trust me on that. You're coming into something ready made which means your input will be limited..no matter how much they tell you it won't.

I'm not telling you this to convince you not to do it....just telling you so u can beware and AWARE of how it usually goes. The rap game right now is OVERLY saturated with producers, wanna be Emcee's, wanna be independent labels and everything else under the sun. Mixed CD's don't bring money anymore...they're no more than promotional items these days. At the end of the day it's your decision.

You're an older VET in the game like me. We don't have time to waste!

I feel you and I have weighed all that.
I have lost pretty much ALL the time lol, I have been doing things with people that wasted alot of time, but I have learned alot, just like being on here has taught me alot.
"Keepin it real for ya peeps" doesnt actually pay off.
I feel pretty good woth these guys like I say I have known them for awhile and they are doing some things, if it doesnt work then I'll be right where Im at right now.
I aint really doing much else at the moment and this I think will help bring me even further up standard wise.
We'll see , thanks for the words of wisdom all.

I feel you and I have weighed all that.
I feel pretty good woth these guys like I say I have known them for awhile and they are doing some things, if it doesnt work then I'll be right where Im at right now.
I aint really doing much else at the moment and this I think will help bring me even further up standard wise.
We'll see , thanks for the words of wisdom all.

When you put it like that, what have you got to lose?
Like LDB says we aint getting younger. Hopefully it works out. Good luck.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Rel, I'm in the same ship as you, sir. And what LDB said, it is true we are not getting any younger. I've been put under the same shit about these people promising you something or saying something we're going to do in the future and all that crap. It's bullshit...

However there is a minute chance of success...sometimes that small tiny chance is worth it. What I'm going through right now is basically my last hurrah...if this shit falls through...I'm done....I'll just do this music thing as a hobby.....It's getting to that point where my music shouldn't be the main part of my life, anymore. I do have other goals in life that I want to accomplish...

So do what you do, Rel...I'll be rootin for ya....

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
I'll just do this music thing as a hobby.....It's getting to that point where my music shouldn't be the main part of my life, anymore. I do have other goals in life that I want to accomplish...

I crossed into that zone about 6 to 8 months ago. I love making music, I'm always buying new gear BUT it's to support my HOBBY not because I dream of being a successful producer. If I didn't have this HOBBY to waste money on it would be something else. As a matter of fact I do have a second HOBBY..Djing and right now that shit is bringing in the money. How many jobs do you know of that you can get $25 - $50 an hour from jump street? Djing is it my brother and its not all about Kutting n Scratching. Actually it's not about that at all if you're a club DJ. Just drop and mix the hot shit and you can make a very good income for a couple days work. I only work Friday - Monday and I get to sit back and do "what ever" the rest of the week.

I still would like to hear a couple of my tracks laced by a top or up and coming Emcee or singer one day but I'm not betting on it or wishing for that to happen anymore. If it happens it happens but if not "I'M GOOD". My focus right now as far as music is to FINALLY learn how to play the keyboard and to hopefully pass on all that I know to some youngster one day. A nephew or some good kid that I run across, humble and eager to soak up the little knowledge that I have. When I find that person after a couple years of working with them I'm giving them every piece of equipment I have in hopes that they can do more with it than I have! Then I can live vicariously through them....lmao

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
I was gonna put it in promo but Im not promoing anything yet, but I have decided to "sign" with KB Ent here in Charlotte as part of their production team.
Krucial 1 is actually a non active member here and makes up the "K" half of the company.

I have known these guys for a long time and it would appear that they have worked most all of the kinks out of thier program, they are/have some very talented MC's and producers from this area .

I can still do work with whomever Id like but I will be spending more time on producing product for these cats.

As far as Step is concerned I beleive he is taking a hiatus for now and I gotta keep it moving , K&B has some big thangs comming up so be sure I'll be posting alot more activity on behalf of my new employer.

Yes it is Southern hiphop mostly, I think from what I have heard on this last mixtape though it aint wack by any means, the emcees can hang with lyrically with the "original" sound or anything west coast.
I dont take this move lightly and since we're all fam I thought I'd tell you what I was up to.

Bro, I need to officially put you on to what's going on in your market (the Carolinas).
I have some new radio opportunities on stations down in the Carolinas so as a result I'm meeting more and more people and you can benefit from those introductions.

I truly wish you would've come down to Myrtle Beach for this year's Southeast Music Summit - the networking for that weekend was priceless and its a lot you can learn from guys like Chuck T, B-Lord, Skillz who all live in the area, were there talking with people the whole weekend and do it on a very big level.

I didn't get to meet Step when I came to your house but you gotta do what's best for your progression.

Good luck with the moves you're making - as always you know you can hit me up to get another perspective on things.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
As long as the movement aint backwards, its good! congrats!

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Bro, I need to officially put you on to what's going on in your market (the Carolinas).
I have some new radio opportunities on stations down in the Carolinas so as a result I'm meeting more and more people and you can benefit from those introductions.

I truly wish you would've come down to Myrtle Beach for this year's Southeast Music Summit - the networking for that weekend was priceless and its a lot you can learn from guys like Chuck T, B-Lord, Skillz who all live in the area, were there talking with people the whole weekend and do it on a very big level.

I didn't get to meet Step when I came to your house but you gotta do what's best for your progression.

Good luck with the moves you're making - as always you know you can hit me up to get another perspective on things.

I'll prolly be more active and out there once I start doing more with these cats , they are always off doing something, I'll def hit you up.

Thanks for everybodies perspective.