songwriting

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
if you just send it to a record label it will never get heard. That's just being realistic, they dont have time to listen to all of the demo's they are swamped with, plus they dont listen to them to avoid lawsuits from artists suing them and what not. They ALSO aren't going to be big on using their imagination to kinda invision what the female will sound like or how the guitar and piano will sound like.

Your best bet would be to find some local talent, and really make sure they are good and work out some deals with them. If you land it right, you could get everything for free (except studio time). Female talent sings for free, they get a song that they can use as their demo and the piano/guitar players get recognition as well through a good sounding recording. You in tern, get your idea realized in musical form in which you can then showcase to the right people.

Now this is the important part, finding those right people. You're going to have to meet and know someone who is in a position or has a friend that is in a position to take on your project. It's all about relationships and networking, finding those contacts and following up on everyone until one of them fall through. Don't get discouraged, but it'll probably take a good amount of contacts until something falls through

Just understand that it's a numbers game almost until you find that right person in a label that will take you seriously. So NOT doing anything, or only networking with afew people and banking everyhting on that isn't going to get you far. Go out and talk to people, let everyone know what you do. Someone will eventually know that person that can get you in and it will happen.

Hope this helps,

Peace!!

SupaStar

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I agree with you 5th..dont shoot for major..else you wont have a portfolio to present when the big shots call you..You want to be able to say hey i've done this or i've done that..whether it'd be a small track on the radio or even a commercial jingle for the radio...stretch your wings before you fly. If you believe your songwriting is good enough to present theres a tons of way to make and win money..I write and produce songs for talent shows..that how i financed my studio...and instead of going to the record company i try to find my own talent and make them bigger by creating great songs...and market them locally..if its a hit they'll find a way soon enough you'll have so much work behind you..and experience you'll be the one sought after

members online