Southside, Midwest, East, or West coast??

• beat this! voting starts in...

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
Which one do you like more and why? on a number scale with 1 bein the best id have to say

1 east coast- for the lyrics
2 southside- for the energy you know the lil extra bounce that the others dont really have.
3 west coast- dont know why i jus like it
4 midwest- its not really all together yet but nelly & the st.lunatics, and chingy and a others are doin a lil some for it.

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
the east coast and west coast are equally at #1 in my book.
(Hottest Lyrics and Hottest Beats)

then it goes the dirtysouth
(Cool Beats - OK Lyrics)

then the midwest
(Average Beats - horrible lyrics)

K

KrAzE

Im feelin da east coast right now, cause all artists on the east got mad wordplay and are makin everyone else step there game up

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
yea the east is killa with the lyrics, but the south is steppin it up if you ask me. im feelin T.I.P. rite now, i mean he was alrite in on the one with bonecrusher but his cd's got some hot tracks on em.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Ok was this a multiple choice question or put them in the order you like em.....i mean if I had to pick 1....east coast...they pulling in major money for the big labels and got all of the major touring acts locked....but in order I would say
1 East-lots of new original sounds coming out and new styles
2 Mid-stay true to form with underground hip hop tracks, heavy use of vinyl (this one confuses because I think Premo and Nelly would be midwest right??? how can that be??
3 South-hot get your ass up beats with songs you only remember the stupid hooks from
4 West-Dr. dre????

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
Eastcoast cats are the most clever with they shit, they are the lyricist who poetically express the harships and the pain they feel and often the dangerous lives they "live"

Westcoast cats take it easy and actually live the life that the Eastcoast raps about.

Southern cats just find catchy ways to say the same shit that everyone else is sayin and make it sell.

While MidWest cats are a toss up, u got cats like royce 5'9, Kanye West, and Bone Thugs...the midwest just does them, they fall in between.

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
1. Big East
2. Dirty South

I'm a southern cat, but I make beats with strong East Coast flavor. Go figure.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
its not impossible, think of Ras Kass and his lyrical ability, its unheard of for a West Coast cat to spit the way he does, so theres always a black sheep

The Konductor

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
East coast packs the most. Every side has they're shining stars, but east coast flava is just raw. East coast niggas think. South niggas? I mean how hard is it to know that everyone would like an SUV on 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s? Thats a gimme. Nigga, say some shit that sparks a neuron. Just cause you grew up poor and now you got some loot, is that all you can talk about? West coast has some bangin underground shit goin on.

Midwest has yet to be tapped. I'm kinda excited about that. Nelly does his thing, but I hope peeps in the midwest don't think that they have be like him. Really though, the only time sides are important is when you are talkin about commercial shit. Other wise its just equal. Just about every state has sick emcees on the underground tip. I know kids that will eat Nelly, Ja Rule, 50cent, and Baby.

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
yea you rite with the commercial wise point of view. cuz i know niggas in germany, england, japan, jamaica, saudi arabia, turkey, niggas all over the world thats jus incredible with they shit. but nobody will ever know about em really. so yea underground im sayin everyone is equal, so lets say commercial wise.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Originally posted by BeatOff
Why do yall say "niggas" so much.

That's how it is on the net the people that can't say nigga around black people say it on the net like it's cool.....I'm going to start typing cracker pecker wood red neck and ofay and see how many of these nigga poster get offended

B

BeatOff

Originally posted by inrctyhoodmusic
That's how it is on the net the people that can't say nigga around black people say it on the net like it's cool.....I'm going to start typing cracker pecker wood red neck and ofay and see how many of these nigga poster get offended

Foreal, i hate that shit. Whenver some asian kid or white kid says that out loud they get real quiet real fast when Me or any other black person walks by their conversation.

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
Well shit im black my nigga. i dont know why i say it so much. its prolly cuz i rap and thats kinda a common word to me i dont know.
ONE LOVE!!!

B

Billy Bathgate

I like the east coast hip-hop the best. I like the west coast. my favorite MC out west is SNoop DOgg. HE has went through alot of transformations but to me he is still the man out there. They can keep the down south and the mid west garbage. I have never felt non of that. That that is all I hear down here in the ATL is that on the radio. Thank goodness I have a alternative outlet. The underground scene is really nice down here. Come pay us a visit.

We all know that people use the so-called "N" word as a figure of speech. Hell!!! Even white people use it. I just hope they don't use it around me. (things could get violent) I think if someone gets offended by it's use then out of respect of others they should stop. Thoughts people?