Stay Low, Keep Firing - The Alchemist

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
This is what I'm talking about. Very dope interview. Alchemist has always had some solid beats and it's great to see that he still samples! That's rare when it comes to big name guys.

Although he was able to get into the industry by knowing some of the right people, it's still good to see that he took his own path. He's right too though about publishing and whatnot - if he had of known all that when he began, he probably would have not used a lot of those beats. That's why it's good to know some industry stuff but it shouldn't be the main focus. Don't worry about it, just make beats. Same with mixing - you don't have to be an expert. Just make beats. Eventually you can get others that are more experienced in those areas to help you out.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Yeah imagine just happening to know DJ Muggs B Real and getting introduced to Mobb Deep etc.

I like the bit when he spoke about walking into a place and Rockwilder being there and being like "ah no not you, we'll come back another time", kinda reminded me of friendly banter on the ill when some of the 'big names' here enter a battle or somthing.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It's like a lot of the NY guys back in the day. It just seemed that everyone knew someone that knew someone. That's cheating lol.

If you're from a small town somewhere it would be insanely difficult to become well known. I like how in the video it mentioned about "having your community" or something like that. I immediately thought of ILL. For years we've had so much talent on here that it would be great to see some great things happen with all of us. I would love to see things actually HAPPEN.