Interviews Studio Talk: 8 Questions For Drunk Pedestrians

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
drunkpedestrians.jpg

Known for mixing and mastering, as well as always having his hand in the technical side of things, thedreampolice from the Drunk Pedestrians is very busy. With his Refill Shop, a solid client list, a new business and music projects in the works, we sat down with him to find out what makes him tick.

Name: Drunk Pedestrians Location: Lincoln, NE

What is your studio setup like?

Trying to keep it basic these days. Reason, small keyboard controller, Event monitors and few guitars.

What is the one software or hardware that you can't live without?

Reason, that is the center of everything I do.

What is a typical day for you?

My life is crazy so I fit music making in to the cracks of time I have. In between working on new products, networking and my consulting gigs.

What is the best advice that you've ever received?

Anything you want in life, you have to go make happen YOURSELF. You need to meet the right people and work your ass off. There is no magic bullet to success.

Do you have any tips for other producers?

Networking is more important that anything else. Build a client list and good contacts. You are a business if you like it or not, unless of course you just want a hobby. Then just have fun.

How long does it take to make a full beat?

I don't like making just beats, I create songs and work with artists to make them perfect. Depending on how much the back and forth over the internet takes it can be a few days to a few months.

Do you have any studio tricks that help you work better and faster?

Learn your software inside and out. Don't focus on getting new gear, focus on writing good songs with what you have.

What's in your near future?

I have a soundware company launching soon called Unlimited Heat and the next Drunk Pedestrians album is right around the corner. Also a bunch of people have remixed my songs, so my remix album is out real soon. Of course I always have my steady flow of artists I mix and produce for, so it's never dull.

More Information

To find out more information about thedreampolice, visit:

Last edited: