illest o.g.
Let's flip this and see what's what! ;)

Download it in MP3:

You can download it from Peggo.

tavares.jpg

Agent 81

Battle Points: 1
Nothing here yet.

So rather than post in the introductions, I decided to introduce myself here along with a beat. I have been lurking for a while, waiting until I had some things I thought might be able to hang with a lot of the other stuff I have seen on here. The standard is pretty high, and it has helped me to expand as a producer. So what's up everybody, I'm Agent 81 (Shout out to Fade for facilitating, I love this place!) and I hope y'all get down to what I bring to the party....Peace

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
is there a way to delete the beats I uploaded on illmuzik?
Yes. On your beats page click manage. It should open a window with a list of your beats... Check the beats you wanna delete and click the delete button at the bottom of the window.

My flip is coming soon...
@KoalityBeats I like the sample that way as well!!
@Agent 81 Welcome to the ILL! How long have you been making beats? Sounds good... but I did hear a note of 2 that seemed to be off key. Did you only use the sample, or did you use some other instruments as well?
@Spuntastic Havent had a chance to listen, but I'll check it out when I make it home from work.

crog85

Back to the Grind...
@Spuntastic Definitely diggin the chops you have!! Drums seem a lil bare to me, but you do say it's a draft so it's obviously not finished... Otherwise a pretty solid start. I like where this is headed!!

Agent 81

Battle Points: 1
@Spuntastic - Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the pointer, I agree. As far as your track, I like what you have but I can't think of any suggestions.
@KoalityBeats - I like your track too, totally chill, digging the chimes
@crog85 - Thanks for the welcome. You may have heard some off notes, the only thing I added was the drums, bass, and weird thing in the middle. I started making beats about a year ago, but it was more electronic. I decided to focus on hip hop specifically about a month ago because everything was trying to drift that way anyway. This was actually the first time I ever chopped and sampled a song, and should be able to tighten that up as I go.

crog85

Back to the Grind...
@Agent 81 After listening again... I dont think the notes are off key... I think its the frequency of the bass notes clashing with some notes in the melody... A lil filtering or EQ on the bass would probably clean that up.

crog85

Back to the Grind...
I like the sample work - sample and drum break. That guitar tho, did you play and record that yourself? fits perfectly
Thanks! Yea, played & recorded the lil blues licks, and Idk if you really notice them but there are some guitar stabs on every other snare too...

I like your beat more and more each time I listen to it!! Now I'm thinking all you need to finish it up is a rapper... That would sound Dope!!

Spuntastic

cinephile/beatmaker
Battle Points: 82
It's hard to determine which sounds do not originally belong to the sample. But that makes the beat so good. You merged it pretty nice.

I like your beat more and more each time I listen to it!! Now I'm thinking all you need to finish it up is a rapper... That would sound Dope!!
ye I was thinking about them drums, but the more I listen to it the more I like that minimalism. Not sure, I think I'll leave it for a bit and get back to the beat in a week or so.

Members online