that grimmy shit

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
Yo what do yall do to get that grimmy sound I know some people use an old mixer to get that grimmy sound, I was reading in remix how chuck d used to make a drum loop wit some software then he would run it through a portastudio to get that old school record sound.

So what do yall use

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
sorry mercury forgot to check the artical section, which is a really good artical by the way.

also how is the asrx treating you, do you think its a good sampler for somebody like me who wants that old school feel

BeAtArKiTeK

"Only God Can Judge Me"
ill o.g.
yo get some good grimmy sounds and nake the track as dirty as possible then export it as a low bitrate

ill o.g.
P R A C T I C E

Practice is the best way to learn methods of getting the sound your lookin for. I have a lot of small tricks but i really dont wanna give em away...

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
Yea I feel ya helix got to keep them wondering, yea so I feel I am going to wit da asrx and a eps-16+, cuz I am going mostly for a sample based set-up.

ill o.g.
x-squizet said:
Yea I feel ya helix got to keep them wondering, yea so I feel I am going to wit da asrx and a eps-16+, cuz I am going mostly for a sample based set-up.

Wat equipment do you have right now?

You know the EPS16+ and the ASRX are almost the same thing. They have differences but the basic setup is about the same. Its cool if you already thought it out and made your decision but i think its a waste to get two things like that.

eka

Mad samplist productions
ill o.g.
use an akai s900 or s 950. I use the same method Mercury is telling about in the article or my zoom sampletrak sampler (32khz) or I select my samples on dirtness......
there are so many methods.

eka

Mad samplist productions
ill o.g.
busy, busy, busy.
I'm working with 2 crews now and did some electronica work in between.
tonight we have a recording session, sooo.
I'm following the forum once in a while.

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
Yo right now I don't got nothin cuz my shit broke so I said I will wait till I get something that I want.

the reason I said I wanted da asrx cuz i don't like doing drums on a keyboard,

ill o.g.
x-squizet said:
Yo right now I don't got nothin cuz my shit broke so I said I will wait till I get something that I want.

the reason I said I wanted da asrx cuz i don't like doing drums on a keyboard,

Thats cool, but if you got the ASRX and the EPS16+, your payin for two of the same samplers, two of the same sequencers, two of the same filters, etc. It would be a nice setup, i just hope you got enough money to be doin that. And also: If you do get both of them, use the EPS16+'s sequencer, the ASRX has bugs in it. It skips when you try to edit shit while its playin. The EPS's sequencer is built nice.

C

chris

hey man if like like grimey beats check out http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/bausman.htm. The grimeyest one is peace and killaz theme remix. There are more on the way but im having trublz uploading my songs. Advice would be nice. And feed back on the beats if thats what u ment by grimey. I have been making beats for less than a year but everybody is telling me my shit is tight. I got like 40 more beats that ima put up once i cant upload consistantly and they all grimey.

members online