The most obnoxious producer (fails)

DawnEHboy

Fair-weather Nihilist
Battle Points: 1
I don't have a lot of exposure to other producers since I'm still fairly new to music. But the worst thing I've seen lately is producers using nothing but CAPS LOCK and gratuitous amounts of emojis. It takes a paragraph of filtering through nonsensical bullshit just to understand what the hell they're trying to say.

What is the most obnoxious thing you've seen or heard a producer do to sell his/her beats? What are some horrible networking fails you've witnessed?

Just some basic do's and don'ts of marketing.

This post is for entertainment purposes as well as for knowledge on how to professionally compose oneself in the music business.

phantonez

I don't have a lot of exposure to other producers since I'm still fairly new to music. But the worst thing I've seen lately is producers using nothing but CAPS LOCK and gratuitous amounts of emojis. It takes a paragraph of filtering through nonsensical bullshit just to understand what the hell they're trying to say.

Sad thing is that is becoming the norm :(

RizzakBeats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
For me, it's sooo annoying when you follow some producer on twitter and they directly send you a message like: "Hey, Thanks for following. Get your Free Beat here!" First I was responding like: I'm a producer myself - but now I just ignore it. Man, take just a minute to check out what my profile is about, stop wasting your and my time.

Also, when searching on twitter for posts which say: "Send me beats" most of the producer just post their beatstars / website page and that's it. I'm always writing like: hey check my beats, maybe / I know you'll find something that fits to your next project. If you need anything get in touch with me *link to my beats* - you know, show the rappers that you are interested in making business AND music with them. One time, I even picked a certain beat of mine for a rapper where I thought it would fit to his style, so my chance of getting a placement is theoretically higher.

If I would be a rapper and someone would post just a fucking link on my tweet, I would ignore it. I mean, who doesn't want to be sugarcoated HAHA.

well being a producer for awhile now, i have never had to over sell myself...i let my music and my track record speak for me...i am proud of accomplishments that i have made, but i do not brag or boast about what i've done or currently doing...i am a little more personal with people...ask anyone on this site,,despite my status as a producer..i am always willing to share my knowledge of the music marketing game...3 categories of marketing is: large, medium and small...and the choice you make is depending on your budget..how confident you are in yourself and your music...i spend anywhere from $1,000 to $2,000 a month on promoting my music..such as mixtapes and singles...getting airplay on radio stations and t-shirts, interviews and hip hop magazine promos...so like i tell people..i don't need to give out emails and push beatstars or soundclick to push my beats...because you will know when you have marketed yourself right...when all you have to say is "google me" and if you only have 1 paragrah or 1 link then your not in the loop...if you google my name you will find 4 or more pages relating to me....good marketing is key to any successful business, that's why we have commercials. it's how you do it is what's important...but you have to be doing it to see what it's like before judging...because they probably was told that it was a good idea to market that way....i agree with you, but that doesn't mean we have to knock someone for trying to have more than a 9-5 job..just saying