the quality of this site...................

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i have been on one of the other other sites ( i have only found one) and saw them discussing our "heardat" and just kind of talking down aboutus...saying that this site is an ok little site, but dosnt really have all the "extras" of the other one..... questioning why we would have the "heardat" section in the first place, just litle things.

so i just want to say that- to me- this is the best hip hop site i have seen, period. im not talking about sites that sell music, things like that, but i have been on Goldmic and Futureproducers...... and those sites dont even rate with this one. i like the fact that we are all just looking to have a place to get ideas, advice, vent, WHATEVER, and just really trying to better ourselves as artists. there is, for the most part, no real b.s. to deal with here. sure, some threads have gotten out of hand a few times, but some of that is just a part of conversating with a large group of different people.

so, with that being said, i would just like to let you all know that i think we arefortunate to have a site like this, because it realy is unique. we may not attract the large membership (yet) of some other sites, but we sure win the prize for quality, hands down. thanks, Fade, and the rest of the staff for maintaining the site and its standards of excellence!!! even the design of this site is much more user friendly, not to mention the countless other things i could easily mention. what do the rest of you think?

by the way, copenhagen, i was joking about closing that thread!!! oh well.... it never really took on the form it was intended to............:fuckyou:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Damn... that's for the feedback!

I know what you're saying about the quality here, some people might think that we're too strict around here, but I don't think so. I've been to some forums (non-music) and WHOA you can't say anything bad and they'll lace you! LOL. The thing people must realize is that the majority of people prefer to visit a site where they feel comfortable and don't have to worry about someone dissing them for no reason. I remember a few years back before I started IllMuzik, I posted on other forums and it got to the point where I was sort of afraid to post anything because I knew most likely I'd get clowned for no reason!

But for this site on a whole, I think I read that post over on futureproducers (I see everything!), the reason I saw it was because they put a link to the HearDat section so I saw that in the site stats. And I saw what they were saying about this site, and that's fine, but they must remember that IllMuzik is not a company with hundreds of employees. I started this site a few years ago as a hobby, now it's gotten so big that I'm trying my best to step up and keep it going, where as other sites actually have a staff that gets paid and stuff! So since everything on here is done as volunteer work, I think we've done pretty well.

Anyway, I could go on for days...

MaximeRobin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I have not seen the other sites but I like it here. People are ok. And the site and the forum are well done. The comp is cool tho. I have nothing bad to say really.

nasir jones

The Perfectionist!!
ill o.g.
This Site is great ,but Copenhagen must stop closing and deleting Thread!! You hear me!!:D

C

Copenhagen

I could actually delete many more posts...but try to edit them instead...even though it takes me longer more time. It's all part of keeping the site going...
Next step is to ban all members who tell me not to close threads etc...
:D

Seriously, this is a good site and as Fade say, maybe a little strict, but that only makes sure that any B-S etc is kept at a level where most of us can live with it...instead of getting totally out of hand, like other sites.

Big ups to Fade!

D

drew_petti

i saw that link

even bad publicity is good publicity...

I actually found this site through that future producers link....someone was taking the 50 cent thing serious...I thought it was funny...

blah, blah blah...

this is my favorite place to post, and hear talent...

C

Copenhagen

Seeing that mostly Fade pays for running this site out of his own pocket, selling T-shirts or anything else that can give a little profit is only fair to Fade and I don't think it ruins the site.
Not that Fade might ever seek any form of sponsoring etc, but we can't expect him to keep paying for the site, especially if he keeps having to expand. A little off topic but it needed to be said.

milLion

buildin'
ill o.g.
i have no complaints about illmuzik -- fade has done a good thing -- respects from milLion

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I think it is a good site, but censoring posts and editing others words to me is not that good of an idea, I mean what is this a watered down hip hop culture site...LOL come on now a lot of people can't handle the truth or don't know how to take criticism or listen to what anothers opinion is but as long as it's not a personal attack then I think it's good just close a thread that gets out of hand...don't be John Ashcroft....LOL

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I've been to a few sites but gave up on them after my first visit it seems too stupid it's easy to navigate here post and everything else...I even been to the death row web site and their set up is like illmuziks....Fad I think you need to hang suge off a balcony and make him pay you some punk dues

mike kilo

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
yeah peeps, i like this site, too!
very user friendly, never heard about another one.

PEAzE

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
This is one of the best sites. I see no room for improvement on the site design. Big up to Fade for the volunteer time put into to giving us a chance to communicate and showcase this way.

I think THAT this is the only thing wrong with this site. We have a great chance to feed off each other because of people like Fade, but I see the samething I see in every forum like this. I think I have written like three full reviews before, and recieved 1 feedback out of about 30 participants. I think I posted like 8 beats...no props...didn't even get sh*t on. Samething on ughh.com. I got props once, and then shot up just recently out of like 8 posts and 30 reviews. But it's not just happeneing to me. I've seen some guys (or girls) post up some straight up sick beats and the next thread will do 6 reviews and skip right over that person.

I'm not understanding that?

Is it that their too good to even be acknowledged or so sub par you don't wanna waste your time? I got called out on this by one of my boys. Said i was sounding like a byatch. And that may be true, but I had to say it because it just seemed appropriate to post this in a thread like this one. But I don't see spittin the truth as being a byatch. I think 30 beats posted and giving only 5 reviews is being a byatch.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Ominous, I hear ya. That's why when I start each Showcase, I ask everyone to provide feedback to others. You can't expect everyone to give feedback, because some guys just like to post their tracks and then they're ghost. The thing I noticed around here is, the more active you are here, the better we all get to know you, and the better chance you'll have that you'll get regular feedback from other members.

members online