Timbaland's Advice For Older Artists

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It's common sense. For some reason though, Hip Hop has always had some imaginary expiration date, like older people aren't supposed to make music. Nonsense. Like he said, Quincy Jones made Thriller at 50!

If anything, it's the older producers that have more to offer because of all their years of experience.

It's common sense. For some reason though, Hip Hop has always had some imaginary expiration date, like older people aren't supposed to make music. Nonsense. Like he said, Quincy Jones made Thriller at 50!

If anything, it's the older producers that have more to offer because of all their years of experience.
young artists are usually naive, often in it for the wrong reasons, where a career would be much more financially rewarding. Which is why they are so often fodder for the labels to rinse out until they are dry. Older artists are usually seasoned, been doing it for a long time, and have the real passion for music that has carried them through all the years.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I @Fade feel and think Hip Hop imaginary expiration date stems from it being pop music since 1979, and while "pop" isn't technically a "genre" the thing is "pop" is youth oriented and Hip Hop in the commercial sense adhered/adheres to the idea that youth matters because to piggyback on @2GooD Productions view youth is synonymous w/being impressionable and malleable hence why fitting in is a social hallmark of adolescence and wanting to do things that are perceived as "adult" while being treated as and look at as a "child." Hence why the predatory nature of younger male and older woman isn't seen as questionable while young female and skeevy old man is. Apply this to the music business and why it's okay for a male to have a mentor and questionable (rightfully so) for a female to have one as "we" get propositioned to the detriment of not having a "career" when "we" refuse to acquiesce to certain "advances" (not the money kind).

I @Fade feel and think Hip Hop imaginary expiration date stems from it being pop music since 1979, and while "pop" isn't technically a "genre" the thing is "pop" is youth oriented and Hip Hop in the commercial sense adhered/adheres to the idea that youth matters because to piggyback on @2GooD Productions view youth is synonymous w/being impressionable and malleable hence why fitting in is a social hallmark of adolescence and wanting to do things that are perceived as "adult" while being treated as and look at as a "child." Hence why the predatory nature of younger male and older woman isn't seen as questionable while young female and skeevy old man is. Apply this to the music business and why it's okay for a male to have a mentor and questionable (rightfully so) for a female to have one as "we" get propositioned to the detriment of not having a "career" when "we" refuse to acquiesce to certain "advances" (not the money kind).
In so many cases to get anywhere in the music biz you need to take it in the backside from a homosexual record executive, and you should be male.
Not acquiescing to sexual advances can end a music career regardless of your gender.
There are two career choices, closely linked, built on the exploitation, mentally, financially and sexually, of young naive wannabes that want to be "famous", those careers are a career in movies or a career in music.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Regarding @thedreampolice "big clit energy" I stand by it. "We" have a power men fear (so much men try to control it and fail horribly), y'all can miss us with that "penis envy" BS.

For those of y'all that treat us like equals and not someone to control, exploit, etc. this is my theme (written by Andrea Martin, R.I.P.)

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I @3ternal was attracted to the artist side from the initial having a self to express aspect which I still cling to, 'cause only known to me, I never had super mainstream aspirations. The shelf-life issue is inevitable 'cause everyone's essentially a product the moment they sign a deal, mainstream or underground notwithstanding. Image over substance is why subpar music is in every genre. The only image I uphold is my own self-image.