Too much $$$ for equipment

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Just thought I'd let people know how fucked up the prices for studio equipment is here in Canada:

Last night I took a trip to some local music shops (Pug, sorry it was a last minute trip that I made). I just wanted to see what they had and what the prices were. The last time I stepped foot in a music shop was when I was living down in Texas. Anyway, I go in last night and HOLY CRAP!!! Okay, the MPC2000xl in U.S. dollars is what, around $1200? Well here in Montreal they're selling it for $2500!!!!!! W T F???

Obviously that's Canadian dollars but still, who in the hell is going to pay that much? I think the worst was the Akai S5000 sampler. The price for that was $4000!!! And they were having a "sale", selling it now for $2800. That's just insane. I couldn't believe these prices! The whole time I'm wondering who would, or better yet, who COULD buy these pieces of gear?

Even though the Canadian dollar is at an all-time low, that's no reason to jack up the prices here. So for all you Americans, consider yourselves very very lucky.

As for me: :mad:

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Yo fade, we'll head out one late night, bring some bricks and get some free equipment. WORD

members online