Twofer

Kane the MOD

Grey haired Boom Bap Rap Dad
Battle Points: 5
1st - felt it needed to slap better overall but I don’t know the sample your working with. Really like the change ups though!

2nd - similar to the first.

I like them both however needed to re listen a couple of times, lots going on, raw drums, I think you have a very unique sound.
Always good to hear something different.

Leopard Cohen

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 19
1st - felt it needed to slap better overall but I don’t know the sample your working with. Really like the change ups though!

2nd - similar to the first.

I like them both however needed to re listen a couple of times, lots going on, raw drums, I think you have a very unique sound.
Always good to hear something different.
Thanks for listening and providing feedback @InsideOutBeats - yeah, for instrumentals I gravitate towards the stuff that I most enjoy listening to, which tends to be busy and raw - Madlib during his Beat Konducta days, Shabazz Palaces, Flying Lotus, Damu the Fudgemunk, etc.

digis

I'm not sure where you found people to regularly do a mock Rhythm roulette with you but i'm very jealous haha.
Both of them sound good, I do like the first more than the second though. Really enjoy the "funky" kinda sound from the first. The second just feels like there is too much going on at times, not to downplay it though, still enjoyed it.

BiggChev

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10
Part 1:
+love the percussion. The loose groove of it really elevates this beat!
+The vocal crooner sample is also super dope
-That dissonant piano doesn't vibe with me. It's not too abstract to sound entirely out of place, but enough to take me out of the listening experience. Just a personal note
-My one nit-pick may be that there's a lot going on. Some time spent arranging may allow for each element to breathe.

Part 2:
+Again, groove is great
+That upright/jazz bass line is tight too!

-Again, I think with such a swung groove and active bassline, spacing out elements will really serve to emphasis the groove. There's a lot going on, and while they all fit, I think they'd really SHINE if spaced out in arrangement.