Using MPC 1000 w/Cubase SX

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
anybody have this setup? how do i get cubase to recognize the mpc as a midi controller? how do i sync my mpc beats to cubase? is this even necessary?

im so lost.

HELP HOPPA!

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
help! so no one has a clue what im talking about?
damn

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Cold Truth!

Where ya at homie!

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
DueceMade Ent. said:
So, when u do it through midi versus like 8 analog outs to tha card for example - is that tha same thing cuz tha midi information does tha same thing as having 8 individual outs?

I WISH! MIDI contains no audio data, only midi data (volume, velocity, shit like that)

I just want it so when i press play on cubase, the mpc starts playing and vice versa

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
lol....

let me heck on this tonight when i get home. you dont need ot do anything but plug in the mpc's midi to the midi in for it to be recognized as a midi controller. what you want is midi sync.

what are you syncing the mpc to? are there other midi/audio tracks playing in cubase? midi sync is only necessary if you are recording midi or audio inside cubase along with the audio from the mpc into another recorder (dat, external mixer, etc.). otherwise... i cant see the need. explain what you are trying in more detail and i will help you the best i can.

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
i want top be able to have a beat made on the mpc, then build on it through cubase while the mpc plays it in sync... like add soft synths bass, whatever ... that way i can be playing beats off the mpsleazy and cubase simultaneously

X

-xs-

quote from futureproducers.com

"I need to get Cubase to sync my AKAI MPC1000, as this is where I started to sequence the song I was working on. This is pretty straightforward as I quickly find my way to the "Sync Setup" window and configure the "Send MIDI Clock" to talk to the MPC. I do not see a "Receive MIDI Clock" option... it would be nice to use the MPC as a remote control for SX, at least for the transport window. Steinberg tells me that SX2 can only set be the midi clock master.

Steinberg told me one of the reasons is that SX can be sync master and slave at the same time, but due to the low resolution and unstable nature of midi clock it would be bad for the overall timing of the system if SX would be midi clock slave while being the clock master for a tape machine per MTC. The midi clock would affect the whole precision of the system timing in a unfortunate way. They also said that they are aware of the wish to have SX set to midi clock slave mode, just like it was with Cubase VST 5."

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
ok... so that means that cubase CANNOT slave to the mpc... understandable... but can the mpc slave to cubase?