Video Game music

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I don't know if you all know, but I just started hittin up a site that got video game music in midi files. Thanks to fruity loops, i can take the sounds I want before putting it on the piano roll. I also downloaded some midi to wav converter thta allows me to change certain tracks in the files to other instruments and send that file to wav. This shit is tight. I already hooked up "8-eyes' from the Nintendo game system. The game brung back memories that's why I brought it back to life with some drums. Good site to check out: Holla if you find it interesting....

http://www.vgmusic.com

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
dude, you cant underrate midi, you can be a noob and think that the pc or workstation doesnt work on midi because everything you do is on a screen.

Dude, it's all midi or else it cant work or put to production.

Im doing the opposite actualy. I've killed a C64 for its SID chip to build a synth with it, it not done yet but it will look like this

http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_sid/midibox_sid_cs2.jpg

But unlike the cheap gamesound coming out of your tv, this baby sound sick and mine will have analogue switchable filters aswell.

erkl

Funky Walker Dirty Talker
ill o.g.
dude formant that is pretty fucking tight..
i was gonna buy a elektron sidstation, or a pci card from hardsid.com
but that home synth box looks dope with all them knobs..

looks like they hacked a waldorf for all its rotaries

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
hehe, the fun thing about this projects is that you can use anything you want.

Check out www.midibox.org , if you understand what they offer you can build much more and pretty cheap. Plus, you can midify pretty much everything.

Bloodybastid

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
COOOOTTTDAMMIT!!!!

I thought I was the only one who used that site for samples....well...looks like someone found out about it.

I used to sample video games all the time...I'm have reduced that by a lot to expand my production

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
yo ... can you take those midi songs and switch instruments on them... i use logic but i only use it to record into... i aint ever fucked with recording midi info or nothin... but i seen it done... so anyways can you take those midi songs load em into logic and then switch through different instruments? ... is that what you sayin?

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
changalang said:
is there some way to put the midi files into reason or to convert it to wav?

yes, simply go File/import midi, and you have all the track of the midi, I do this all the time. I hope I answered your question