Warzone - April 8-9, 2016 - Comments/Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitmane

808 killin em (Bow) first48MemphisTenn style...
Battle Points: 1
I Should have used samples,,maybe next time ...

YouKnowCho

Youtube.com/YouKnowCho44
Battle Points: 16
Damnnn my super mellow beat went up against Crog's BANGER, had I switched up the vibe maybe I'd be sitting here with at least Plat, but I'm not complaining about gold! Ha, good stuff grats yo, @crog85

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Results! https://www.illmuzik.com/warzone-beat-battle/battles/

A bunch of really great beats in this one. I had @skinnyknicca646 taking this until the finals when he came with a more mellow beat. I think he would have taken it with his round 3 beat instead. But @crog85 had a really nice beat that kicked ass.

Oh yeah, and @YouKnowCho had the left side for sure. I was banking on you and skinnyknicca646 in the finals.

Props to everyone that entered, this one was dope!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@NONONSENSEBEATS Your beats were on point, it was that final one that I think threw the judges off. But regardless, it was very close to call for all the brackets.

The toughest bracket for me was Round 2, Bracket 1: YouKnowCho vs Phobetor. That was tough.

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
Results! https://www.illmuzik.com/warzone-beat-battle/battles/

A bunch of really great beats in this one. I had @skinnyknicca646 taking this until the finals when he came with a more mellow beat. I think he would have taken it with his round 3 beat instead. But @crog85 had a really nice beat that kicked ass.

Oh yeah, and @YouKnowCho had the left side for sure. I was banking on you and skinnyknicca646 in the finals.

Props to everyone that entered, this one was dope!
Thanks to all judges that voted for me!! I definitely thought @skinnyknicca646 had this one too... The beats u had for the 2nd and 3rd round had me scared I had to go up against you in the finals lol.

Decided to use that beat for round 4 last min... was planning to use the beat from round 1 for the final (if i made it that far) but decided to go with the lion king instead lol

Shoutout to everyone who submitted all 4 beats as well!!!

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
Submitting 4 beats gives you a better chance in my opinion because hearing the same one makes it easy to hear one thing that annoys you about the beat. Congrats @crog85
True, but its also difficult to stay consistent through 4 rounds with 4 different beats... and deciding which beat to use for each round plays a big part too... Probably part of the reason I won today

For me, when I'm judging... I give more credit to the contestants that enter more than 1 beat, b/c I feel like its harder, and sometimes I'll look back at previous rounds when making a decision for the final round...

Submitting 4 beats may give you a better chance, but they gotta be 4 good beats imho... It doesn't matter how many beats you use (I like to see all 4 tho!) there are different strategies and different ways to approach a battle like this

huggyHG

Huggy from da 5280
Battle Points: 161
True, but its also difficult to stay consistent through 4 rounds with 4 different beats... and deciding which beat to use for each round plays a big part too... Probably part of the reason I won today

For me, when I'm judging... I give more credit to the contestants that enter more than 1 beat, b/c I feel like its harder, and sometimes I'll look back at previous rounds when making a decision for the final round...

Submitting 4 beats may give you a better chance, but they gotta be 4 good beats imho... It doesn't matter how many beats you use (I like to see all 4 tho!) there are different strategies and different ways to approach a battle like this
True story but I see this competition as a recipe a story or a walk through your creative mind you have to take the listener up before you can take them down the hill. That's just how I see it. Of course there needs to be structure and good mixing but you have to flow into it not just pick randomly.

NONONSENSEBEATS

NononsenseBeats
Battle Points: 237
@NONONSENSEBEATS Your beats were on point, it was that final one that I think threw the judges off. But regardless, it was very close to call for all the brackets.

The toughest bracket for me was Round 2, Bracket 1: YouKnowCho vs Phobetor. That was tough.
Yea I figured that was the deal. It was a way different style of beat then the other three. I still think it was a more complete beat than the one it was up against. U win some u lose some tho lol. I am hellbent on winning one of these damn comps tho lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online