WAVES mastering series, arent these DA SHIT!!!?

pirell

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
.............wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww, or am i just like a kid with a new toy? but im usingthe same stuff the top studios are using on the bigggest albums and filmscores. foook me they kick ass on any track. obviously they dont make hits but they sure can help a good sound become excellent if not outstanding.

alot to learn but even the presets are amazing as to what they can do. who uses them too?

the other ones i want have the best component (the Diamond series)..i only have the trial demo for those.... dare i ask if there are ways to *cough cough cough* and 'extend' this trial a bit longer. it wasnt me

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i have gold. i love it, although i havent come close to maximizing its power though. i have had it for 9 months and barely realized that the 10 band eq has high/low/band pass filters on each mark. its compressors are pretty good as well as is the TrueVerb NY preset for drums. you can make somme good snares with that and the reverb/room/phone booth preset.

DJDRAGN9

The Don Gorgon
ill o.g.
i installed it a while back and never really used them i guess ill give it a try since u guys are sayin good things bout it ...HOLLA AT YA BOY

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
Hi:

I know alot about WAVES. That's because I use them. I think the Linear Phase EQ is one of the best things about the plug-in. From what I know, a German programmer redesigned the algorithm. Anyway, it has six bands (which is not my favourite part of it, wish there were more.) Also there are nine filters. You can switch up algorithms too, and it has three "methods" of applying algorithms.

Anyway, this is by far the most advanced SOFTWARE to use for mastering. I like linear phase because it doesn't let the phase shift, which is a pain. Also, it represents the same variables of the sample as it is IN the filter and the coefficients that come out of that linear representation.

It's really good, but I wouldn't quit using my analogue split-band compressor just yet.

Sincerely,
God

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I'm sorry to sound like an amateur, but what are you all talking about? Is it a program? a plugin? ... the only wav I know are a sound format... but what you're reffering to sound like the ishhh....
could some1 explain a bit...

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
....could some1 answer or was that really that amateur sounding?!

pirell

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
waves is a set of plugins used in mixing and mastering. they are top standard stuff that the major studios use. the person that gave me mine helped himself to a set when Lord of the rings post production sound stuff was being done in london. now ive got an even bigger bundle. they are best used in moderation and if u know what ur doing, i just copped a book on mastering with waves.

its probably the best stuff to use for mixing to bring out the sound quality you hear on music thats out there. a reason why they cost from $1,000 -6g's

www.waves.com

brooklynstyle

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
What are these plugins compatible with? Sonar? Sound Forge?

F

Frankie Fingas

pirell said:
.............wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww, or am i just like a kid with a new toy? but im usingthe same stuff the top studios are using on the bigggest albums and filmscores. foook me they kick ass on any track. obviously they dont make hits but they sure can help a good sound become excellent if not outstanding.

alot to learn but even the presets are amazing as to what they can do. who uses them too?

the other ones i want have the best component (the Diamond series)..i only have the trial demo for those.... dare i ask if there are ways to *cough cough cough* and 'extend' this trial a bit longer. it wasnt me

Yo what u using to edit music or sample?

SyN

SUICYCO MANIA
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
yo, waves are for real one of the biggest things you need if you are gonna be recording in a computer and want some plug-ins to work with... most ideas you can come up with in your head to do to something soundwise can really be done with a plugin by waves... and they sound pretty damn good too... i have been using them for many years now... pretty much the plugin companies that make me happy are: Waves, Bomb Factory, URS, Digidesign, and Focusrite... that is pretty much the ones i wouldnt want to live without... There are other ones that pretty damn good as well out there... i guess everyone has their prefferences...

30CRATES

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 22
I Tried Downloading Waves Masters Bundle Off ******** And The Shit Kept Crashing My System. Like If I Had Something Playing And Tried To Bring Up Waves On A Plug In, My Shit Would Lock Up. I Downloaded A Trial Version Which Lasted For A Couple Of Days From The Official Site, And I Have To Say, I Would Def Like To Add Waves To My Arsenal. The Compressors And Limiting Are Very Tight. No Peaking Whatsoever.

A

ACEBEATZ

Yeah Waves plug-in are excellent for the cost. Though TDM series (For Pro Tool accel cards) are completely another level.

It's one of the best series made for the pc user.

The best effects are hardware or dsp cards (Mackie UAD-1,Tc Powercore Firewire,etc.)

Look out for the platinum pack, it is very complete.