Week of December 18, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

scandal

Maker of Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 178
Open Mind- You a fool for that one homie,lol. What up Sucka, I'm feeling that mayne. Maybe just smooth out your chops a little and thats a tight flip.

Merc- Nice homie, Woulda never thought to flip it like that. Maybe just work on the mix a little and u got your self a solid banger.

Ash- Lovin that tempo homie and that brass is viscious. You never cease to let me down Ash you always got dope material but I still aint heard you behind the mic.

Boneidele- Feeling this homie. You stayed with the essences of the sample and made it your own.

Tree- Dopeness homie. You got the perfect balance of sample and composition. Cant really say anything about this track other than "that shit is tight",lol.

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Reviews:
Mercury Waters - nice bounce, kind of a rockwilder feel to it, a bit distorted/overcompressed
AshHolmz - Fitting title, says it all, arabian march, military funk, the call to arms groove, nice.
Scandal - nicebounce, fill reminds me of Trigger the Gambler "broken english". nice high energy level. You could drop the vocal sample and let the beat ride, nice knockin beat.
Boneidle - best flip of the sample so far. if you muted the drums, you really flipped it nice. wasn't crazy about the hats, a bit too raspy and high in the mix IMO.
jjjden - really liked it, but didn't recognize the original sample in there, don't recall any "open, o o o yeah" sitar is cool. cool vibe overall
elementree - most professional sounding of all that I heard. not too big on the kik snare / west coast piano, not my thing, but for that style it nails it. nice.
shotgun - nice verse, great hook, nice energy. mc's flow was a bit awkward at times, I would have done another take...
insanemf06 - like what you did with it, just groove on it and let it ride, abstract, cool flip, creative. the change up is dope.

I aint been here for a bit but heres mine

www.dj2good.co.uk/sampleflip.php

Id like to thank Open Mind - For one hell of a sample.

Re Elementree
Shit this beat is fire, its a hit. Im a bit embarrased to post mine now but there it is anyway.

Open Mind - Your Flip Wont Load.

Mercury Waters - Sounds very distorted, maybe the snare is too loud and you overboosted the bass to match it, thats how it sounds anyway. Apart from that I like the beat, it has some good potential.

Ash Holms - I like this flip, that is one sick beat, and combined with the low bass it really works well. I like the way you have used the sample too, good flip.

Scandal - This is a good flip too, it makes me think Madlib crossed with Dre. Nice bouncy flow, good for an mc. And the voice sample is ill too.

More 2moro, if its still open.

Status
Not open for further replies.