ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Here's mine. hope you like it, leave lots of comments and be brutal:

The Witch Hunt
lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=4204411&q=lo
hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=4204411&q=hi

=====================================================
Reviews:

Spanishharlem - This is def a hot beat, especially the drums. I'm even more impressed b/c you were the first to post.

Knox- I'm diggin the sound effects at the beginning, a really city vibe. Got a nice bounce to it too.

Boneidle= Very creative use of the sample, completely changed the melody. I like the contrast between the chopped up sounds on top of the mix and the the stuff you have playing in another key in the background. maybe could use a different riff like a bridge or something besides the main really chopped up riff, to give it variety. good work tho

Trinidad- Def a good choice adding the singing part. nice job rearranging all those little violin bits

360- I like the concept, but the timing of the chops could use some work. You should work on mixing the drums a bit better too, get them bangin and loud. has definite potential, but not quite there yet imo

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Doc, I feel the concept and like the flips but the beat aint soundin very good .
Its not mixed properly and the sounds leave alot to be desired.Brutal..
Ruimixx- The beat is lacking in head noddinness, but again I like the way the sample flips.
Both of yall could take out the drums and letthe samples roll and I would have felt it more.
Trinadad- Very nice everything.Grimey 12 bit sound.Great beat.
Knoxraw- the drums are all messed up in the mix.The highs are too high and I cant hear(feel) the bass.You cant go wrong with that combo of bass and snares in that pattern though.
DJ 360 Infinite1-The sample became a little repetitious to me but the build is good so I can see where you were taking it.Not bad at all, the beat is good.
Boneidle- Actually I like this cuz you were the only one to take it to a different level.Yeah you caould have used better sounds or whatever but I like it cuz it truly "flipped it".
Spanish- Well composed, it conrtains the neccessary elements and you used more of the overall song.Good panning and good recording all around.
Crackle gives it the authentic record sound.
I guess thats all.
And of course you can feel free to throw things at me
because I didnt flip anything.. :D

DrOscillator

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
thanks for the honest feedback relic. yeah, i definitely need to work on my mixing skills. i just got some actual studio monitors tho (finally!) so hopefully that will help my sound a lot

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
^ yea been meaning to feedback on ya i agree wit duke tho the mix need a lil you gotta find a comfort area wit the drums and sample depending on drum sound feel me butthe chopps are there tho,

ruimixx
feeling the chops the drums make the beat sound real regal.. heard it on my laptop gotta get on the pc later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online